Objectivism Online Forum

Reblogged:Will Canada Do Biden's Job for Him?

Rate this topic

Whitmer.jpg
The Wicked Witch of the North strikes again... (Image by Julia Pickett, via Wikimedia Commons, license.)
In the New York Post is a report cataloging some of the latest foolishness resulting from "green" (read: arbitrary and life-threatening) energy policies.

My "favorite" is the following:
... Michigan's Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is aiming to shut down a key US-Canadian pipeline, in violation of an international treaty. That would cut off delivery of more than a half-million barrels of oil and natural gas liquids every day. Canada has officially invoked the treaty's dispute-resolution clause to block Whitmer.
The piece helpfully notes the state of Europe, which has gone even further down the same road.

I have noticed a few stories like this one popping up in news media lately. How effective they are in changing voter alertness to such energy policies is anyone's guess, especially considering how the piece ends:
The only result of this pseudo-religious crusade is to make ordinary people suffer.
Pseudo-religious?

I was raised with a religious background, and know too well that religion is all about how virtuous it is to suffer. Until and unless significant numbers of people contest or openly question this notion, we'll be in for more and more of this mindless giving-until-it-hurts kind of nonsense.

The Post is correct that green energy is impractical. The problem is that too many people wrongly think it is moral.

-- CAV

Link to Original