Objectivism Online Forum

The Orator Peter Nivio Zarlenga

Rate this topic

monart

The Orator, Peter Nivio Zarlenga

A significant value I found since Ayn Rand is the philosophic oratory of Peter Zarlenga, who contacted me in 1977 after reading my “Project Starship”, introduced me to his speeches and books, and invited me to work with him in his Flight Achievement Seminars, which I did, 1977-79.

Peter Nivio Zarlenga (1943-2007), was founder and orator of Flight Achievement Seminars in Chicago – on the Principles of Achievement: Identity, Simplicity, Concentration, Movement. The seminars were recorded on audio tape and some copies still exist. He is also the author of a series of books titled, The Orator – comprised of philosophical poetry on reason and individualism. Because his speeches included provocative and unflinching criticism and condemnation of the political and religious establishments, he was targeted, framed, and imprisoned. He died in prison — a tragic and severely unjust end for a heroic genius, but his inspirational oratory live on.

The following are excerpts from some his speeches.

————————

Truth and Beauty

Speak the truth in harmony with beauty moving humanity to freedom.

Freedom is the child of beauty in love with truth.

The love of truth is the spirit of man.

Justice is truth in action creating beauty.

Beauty is being in harmony with what you are.

To be beautiful, be true to yourself.

We are free. Our freedom is to move at will, to be effective, to live, to create order from chaos, to achieve perfection, to conceive and create, to imagine and enact, to dream and to fulfill our dreams, to be and become what we want to be.

The way to achieve this great aim is to concentrate the magnificent power of your mind on the fulfillment of the love of your spirit. When you do this you will create an intense beam of power so pure it will reach the furthest star.

The purpose of life is to be what you are and to become what you could be. To seek to create excellence in whatever you choose to do. To do what is right. To practice principles. To create order from chaos. To think and act upon your thought. To be real, right, good, and true. To choose to cause your own change. To identify, simplify, concentrate, and move. To fight for freedom, justice, truth, beauty, achievement, and joy.

Hold your ground defending yourself, living for yourself, respecting yourself, being yourself. Set fire to your spirit, soar aloft, become what you could be.

Put your will into action and realize the reality of reality. Bring the value of your spirit into being. Have the courage to create yourself from your own thought and action. Trust your own mind to identity what is true. Act upon the truth.

Act upon the truth and you will create order. Your order will create energy. Your energy will create movement. Your movement will create achievement. Your achievement will create joy. Your joy will create love. Your love will create goodwill. Your goodwill will create justice, freedom, truth, and beauty. It can be done. You can do it.

Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Speak for yourself. Act for yourself. Be yourself.

You are greater than you feel you are. You have the power you do not realize you have!

Your action is proof of what you are.

Failure is caused by ignoring reality and evading action.

Most people think least about what matters most.

If you break your concentration, you will lose. If you concentrate on the wrong thing, you will lose.

Be real, right, good, and true. Choose to cause your own change. Identify, simplify, concentrate, and move. Realize the reality of reality.

————--

Portrait of Peter Nivio Zarlenga, The Orator, by Richard F. Newton:

Orator -PNZ - 300dpi small untiltled.jpg