Objectivism Online Forum

Key Largo (1948)

Rate this topic

• 1 month later...
This was an incredible movie. Lauren Bacall became my favorite actress as a result of seeing it.  What does anyone else think?

imdb.com

I was just scrolling down to see if I had any common taste in movies with people here, and I noticed that nobody responded to this post. I, for one, like old Bogart movies. How can any objectivist not like Key Largo, The African Queen, or The Maltese Falcon?!?!?!?

In general though, our present day movies are horrible by comparison. I will have to read up on some more of the choices in this forum. But I must admit that I will probably rile up a few of you if I get going. I just refuse to give my money to the anti-freedom/anti-American crowd. :dough:

Oh! And to further anger you, I have got to say that the movie "The Fountain Head" was terrible-- and I am an Ayn Rand student. :worry:

Edited by Free Thinker

I was just scrolling down to see if I had any common taste in movies with people here, and I noticed that nobody responded to this post. I, for one, like old Bogart movies. How can any objectivist not like Key Largo, The African Queen, or The Maltese Falcon?!?!?!?
So do I!

Oh! And to further anger you, I have got to say that the movie "The Fountain Head" was terrible-- and I am an Ayn Rand student.  :thumbsup:

I thought it was ok. I didn't Cooper as Roark though. He looked the part, I'll grant you, but he reminded me of a robot.

• 1 month later...

Key Largo is a great movie...and I agree with whoever said that the older movies are of a different caliber than today's movies. I'm wondering why no one has mentioned the movie most people know Bogart for....Casablanca. I thought he did a great job as broken-hearted Rick.