Objectivism Online Forum

Trivia!

Rate this topic

What day at 8:00PM EST is best for you to want to participate in Trivia night?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What day at 8:00PM EST is best for you to want to participate in Trivia night?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

Seems like we've got a number of Math and Physics geeks here (along with geeks from other subjects), so I thought it would be fun to have a trivia night based on three textbooks I have in my collection. I've got a history of Mathematics text, a history of sixty of the greatest Mathematicians text, and a history of thirty of the greatest Physicists. The trivia would work like this: I start a thread with a question and the first to answer it appropriately gets a certain number of points. All answers must be from memory, no Googling for answers. Anyway, you guys down for this? If you'd like to see trivia for other topics, indicate which in this thread. Of course, there would have to be someone willing to run the trivia.

• 3 weeks later...

This is just a reminder that tomorrow, Saturday, at 8:00pm EST, I will be posting a trivia question on "Great Physicists." For this round, I will post a direct quote (with a little background info) from a seminal physics paper, and your job will be to identify the following:

1. The Author (10 points)

2. The title of the paper (15 points)

3. The year it was published (20 points)

4. Where it was originally published (25 points)

I will be closing the answering period after one hour. Remember, honor system, no Googling or otherwise internet searching for answers.

I suggest you refresh your memory on the major papers in the history of physics.