Objectivism Online Forum

Punk'd

Rate this topic

Are you referring to the Jadakiss episode? I was on the floor rolling during that one.

Yeah, I have seen that one. I am also talking about the episodes where Ashton punks rapppers like T.I., The Game, etc. They are all supposed to be so tough, but when it appears that they are going to get in trouble, they start pleading with the actors on Ashton's team. For instance, T.I. was at the airport and some "security guards" stopped him from boarding his flight. They searched his stuff and "found" a handful of bullets. In response, T.I. says "Wait man, I don't even own a gun!"

Edited by ASelameab

Put a star in a ridiculous situation, make it completely irrational and watch the star's intelligence shine.

I remember the one with Joss Stone where she got left watching a teenager who then went berserk on a store. She handled that very calmly and rationally as I recall.

Edited to add that I think Serena Williams was pretty level-headed too.

Edited by Groovenstein

I remember the one with Joss Stone where she got left watching a teenager who then went berserk on a store.  She handled that very calmly and rationally as I recall.

Edited to add that I think Serena Williams was pretty level-headed too.

Not to say there aren't a few who responded very well, I do remember the episode with Joss Stone and I was very impressed. Although I don't know if I would watch some random kid.

The question is, who would you rather watch? The Joss Stones or the Kirsten Dunsts?

I am not sure how I would answer that question.

I remember being pleasanlty surprised by Joss, but I also enjoy watching the others. I can't remember seeing an episode where a prankee took it badly.

A joke is funny but more than not I find myself a little pissed off at Ashton taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far. I'm just waiting for the day one of his cronies gets beat up or maced or something. Although I have to say I liked the Zach Braf (spelled right?) episode with the little punk ass kids who spray-painted his new car. I liked how he didn't at all care that the kid was like 11.

I have never watched a complete episode as of yet. However I do not think I ever will.

I am just not a big fan of that style of humour: ie practical jokes. And from what I have seen, I think we goes too far. That and Kutcher presents the show in an annoying fashion.

Maybe I would change my mind if I watched an entire episode...but I seriously doubt it and I do not care enough about it to do that at this time.

I'm just waiting for the day one of his cronies gets beat up or maced or something.

Not to say that what you've suggested is impossible, but don't you think that a major television network putting on a show like this probably has a plan to prevent such a thing? MTV would be exposing itself to some serious liability if it didn't.

[Edited for clarity.]

Edited by Groovenstein

Not to say that what you've suggested is impossible, but don't you think that a major television network putting on a show like this probably has a plan to prevent such a thing?  MTV would be exposing itself to some serious liability if it didn't.

[Edited for clarity.]

Perhaps they do. I don't know, but some of the situations I've seen them put the stars in seem very unpredictable.

One of the stunts didn't air because the celeb Vartan refused to sign the release form. I don't know what Ashton did to the guy, but I don't blame him at all. The one stunt that stopped me from watching the show for a while was the one with Carmen Electra and her husband in a car where the driver mock ran-over someone.