Objectivism Online Forum

In Case Site Crashes

Rate this topic

But I thought that David was perfect. Oh no, my hopes are dashed. Felipe, I'll have to delete my bookmarks to Craiglist now as well. Oh no..........

Seriously though. For a non-commercial venture, considering the amount of time that the site isn't down, I'm damned impressed. Many many kudos to David et al.

Puff, David's box is the worst in the business... constantly crashing. He has obsessive compulsive disorder about needing to be on the "bleeding edge" of every goddamn thing. It will be the end of him...

Delete your Craiglist bookmarks? Because of my little plunge into the pit with the heathens?

Also, "those of [us] who're interested in seeing the site come back up promptly" should add the following to our contact/address lists now:

1) [email protected]

2) [email protected]

i.e., it would not be prudent to come looking for this thread :D when the site is down.

Bookmarks won't work unless they are cached, and in the case of a site with dynamic content, it won't work since all the content is reloaded everytime one visits a page, relying on a database connection. The database goes down with all the core files that run this site. I suppose you could, though, bookmark Google's chached version of this page, but those don't last.

Bookmarks won't work unless they are cached, and in the case of a site with dynamic content, it won't work since all the content is reloaded everytime one visits a page, relying on a database connection.  The database goes down with all the core files that run this site.  I suppose you could, though, bookmark Google's chached version of this page, but those don't last.

I know, that's why I put the smiley face after my post. I was joking.

For your sake Felipe, I'll try to make my humor more obvious next time. <WIT WITH TINGES OF TOUNGE IN CHEEKEDNESS> :D