Objectivism Online Forum

Trump For The U.n.?

Rate this topic

I heard that Trump is biding to build the new U.N. building. That guy confuses me, and I really want to like him but he seems to have a lack of integrity. I heard about some eminent domain scandal he was involved with but I never found any definitive evidence. I wish he had put in a bid to rebuild the WTC. That would have been better.

I heard that Trump is biding to build the new U.N. building. That guy confuses me, and I really want to like him but he seems to have a lack of integrity.  I heard about some eminent domain scandal he was involved with but I never found any definitive evidence.  I wish he had put in a bid to rebuild the WTC.  That would have been better. 

It's not a formal bid. He just appeared before congress and pointed out the blatantly flippin obvious that the U.N. can't manage their money and are going to overspend on the retrofit of the U.N. HQ. He said he could do it cheaper but then just about any private developer in the world could do it cheaper than the U.N. morons could.

Congress doesn't have any say in the issue unless they suddenly developed a pair and said they won't fund the UN anymore unless they did what we say.....so it's mainly for show. After all, Trump's wife was also testifying before the congressional committee as well.

As for the eminent domain issue here is a link to the Vera Coking story.