Objectivism Online Forum

The Woman Thread

Rate this topic

Groovenstein

And as for Angelina Jolie, I vote thumbs down. I don't think she is even remotely hot. Not even close. She's just so weird, and I don't like her acting. She really doesn't do anything for me.

Zak, you are only the second guy who I've ever heard say that Angelina Jolie isn't hot. I agree.

It's true that her acting stinks, but I don't really get why men think she's sexy. As in physically. I see more beautiful women on the street. Everything about her seems out of proportion, especially her mouth. It reminds me of a piano. Kind of like Julia Roberts'.

I love Marilyn Monroe's look. Especially before she became famous. I'm sure there are better pictures around, but here are a few. And her first Playboy shoot against the red background are the most amazing images of a nude I have ever seen. Her face projects pure innocence: it's amazing!!

Check out this website, too. Wasn't she adorable?

http://www.womensrising.com/southwestflair...eanmarapr05.htm

post-1767-1135286308_thumb.jpg

post-1767-1135286828_thumb.jpg

Edited by Liriodendron Tulipifera

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anna Paquin, Natalie Portman, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson.

I'll get Natalie, Avril, and Kelly pics in a bit. Anyone noticing a theme here?? Thin, early 20s, successful, artsy. Yeah!

[Edit: Anyone care to enlighten my computer illiterate self as to how to make those pictures small?]

[Edit v.2: I pulled out the image in this one and the one below because it said "IPB image." Can someone enlighten me on this, too? I hope I didn't do something wrong! :D ]

Edited by Groovenstein

Kelly:

KHTS-FM_29218_6.jpg

Hmm, I've noticed that of the four that I've listed, Kelly is kind of the anomaly. Avril and Anna both have that slightly pointy nose, and Avril's jaw is just fantastic. Very sharp.

I love women. So much fun to look at and admire. Is this the male equivalent of shoe shopping?

[Edit: Explained in the above post.]

Edited by Groovenstein

I think what gets me about Danica that enhances the good looks is this attitude she seems to have like, "I don't care about anything but running a good race right now." I haven't analyzed her in detail by any means, but what I do recall from her are great senses of focus and achievement. Not a defiance, like, "I'm going to go piss off all the men today." It seems, deep down, that she just doesn't care who's she racing against, she just wants to do well.

That type of dedication is attractive on any body, and one which will always get my seal of approval.

That type of dedication on a body like that is something I want to put on a shelf next to my CD and degrees.

I think what gets me about Danica that enhances the good looks is this attitude she seems to have like, "I don't care about anything but running a good race right now." I haven't analyzed her in detail by any means, but what I do recall from her are great senses of focus and achievement. Not a defiance, like, "I'm going to go piss off all the men today." It seems, deep down, that she just doesn't care who's she racing against, she just wants to do well.

She loves to race, because she knows she's good, so she races. But, I can also tell that she loves men. She's no feminist. I've seen her interviewed twice, and on both occasions I was impressed with her down to earth friendliness, her flirtatiousness and that glow of genuine happiness.

As I've said, when I read interviews with other beautiful women, I'm almost always let down. With Danica it was the reverse. She won me over all the more.

Funny thing, I worry about her a bit. I don't want to see anything happen to her in a race, because she's such a gem of a girl.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Groove, you read my mind. I didn't know her name so I couldn't put it here. She's also in The Notebook. I love her, it doesn't even seem like she's acting. I think she is actually just being herself or else she really is a great actress. Now she would make a perfect Dagny Taggart or my future wife in my own dream world.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Um... you've got some pretty...er...interesting...taste in women, Felipe. Translation: Check your link, dummy.

Oh. My. Eyes. Burning.

That's about the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I've been laughing for ten minutes straight ...

Charlize Theron- The Italian Job: need I say more?

She has both the most gorgeous face and the sexiest voice of any famous woman I know of. Unfortunately she poses nude a lot. Am I the only guy that doesn't like a woman to do this? It destroys the mytique around her when she reveals the goods to millions of men. Kind of like an unwrapped present. I'd rather she made herself seem like a goddess for some god than torture lesser men with a promiscous display. I can't help but think that it's a quest for self-esteem.

< Seconds GRACE KELLY:

gk1port1.jpg

:P

I don't know if she always looks like that, but in that picture the adjective I would summon would be "statuesque". I prefer that quality on a man. Not that she looks any less feminine for it, but it's a beauty that doesn't invoke much lust in me.