Objectivism Online Forum

The Woman Thread

Rate this topic

Groovenstein

There is a girl I work with who I seriously think might be the most attractive woman I've seen in my life. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, because I don't want her to think I'm stalking her, but it takes every ounce of willpower not to stare at her with my mouth open.

The one problem: she has major hot chick syndrome. As in, she knows she looks good and is not very friendly as a result. I had a friend who once asked her a question about where something was, and her response was "I have a boyfriend." I guess I can't blame her...poor thing probably gets hit on 50 times a day.

I used to work with someone like that. Took me months before I could look at her and still remember what I was going to say. Quite silly and it did create some rather funny situations.

It was even funnier later when I saw other guys falling into the same trap. She was an incredibly nice person and really hated having to tell guys off, plus she was a bit shy I guess. So her tactic was to just look pretty, and not say too much. When we were out guys often aproached her and tried to talk, and she would just look at them with her big eyes and a little smile; "Oh, hi! Um... eh... I was just... ah, eehm....". Some did manage to carry it on a little furthe but it always ended with them excusing themsleves and leaving.

I guess it must be something hot-wired in mens brains. It's like when confronted with a nice cleavage and all of a sudden the head stops working and eyes start to wander... takes some real willpower to keep focused. :lol:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love women who are stuck on themselves, if it's not a work environment, I like to walk up and say.. and what ever prompted you to wear those shoes today? LOL They have no idea what to do next.

It's probably not being actually "stuck up", but the "bitch shield" the most attractive of women put up simply to deter the large number of suitors that have came at her in her life. Just remember, it is a defense mechanism (in most cases anyway) a joke like that is actually an excellent way to disarm her. It's a triple attack of humor, confidence, and slightly putting her in a slightly lower social status physchologically.

If they can't behave decently then why bother? I don't agree with the PUA-gurus on this one; if she acts like a bitch she most likely is a bitch. Just because after a while she starts to warm up to you does not change that. Luckily there are lots of very attractive women who are nice out there, so you don't have to put up with the BS.

Edited by Alfa

Edit: For those interested, I might direct your attention to the very green eyes of [----]. A particular favorite of mine in the visual tour.

I guess I really didn't pay much attention on the visual tour if I hadn't even noticed that. I don't feel like checking to see if they really are or not, I'll just take your word for it.

The one problem: she has major hot chick syndrome. As in, she knows she looks good and is not very friendly as a result. I had a friend who once asked her a question about where something was, and her response was "I have a boyfriend." I guess I can't blame her...poor thing probably gets hit on 50 times a day.

I used to be a housemate with a girl, a house that she'd just bought (this was well over three years ago) and I had many people make all kinds of comments to me about how "hot as hell" she was, if I ever saw her in her underwear around the house, and the like. She was stared at a lot. Her, or her family told me that when they'd go out, (I am unsure just how many times she did this) but if men stared at her, she'd yell at them to stop staring at her. One time we were driving to work at the hospital together and at the street corner, I could hear some dudes making comments outloud about her. She was very noticeable because of her looks and very blond hair. I actually felt bad for her having such looks that attracted riff-raff. I think that she liked having a big guy around her, in order to try to curb the comments and approaches other men would make, or to at least not have them stare as long thinking the guy next to her might get upset or something. I still get comments to this day like, "You lived with her?!" I never saw things from her kind of perspective before. As another poster mentioned the "defense mechanism" - it was interesting to find out how it worked with this particluar woman. I often wonder to myself how I fit in in all of that, and I think that perhaps, since I didn't stare, make comments, or approaches, that she felt secure with me in that respect, didn't need to put up any such defenses. She just needed someone that would pay rent, not fuck her over, or try to fuck her. But she needed a housemate that didn't leave books in her kitchen cabinets, for they are not bookshelves, did not need books left in her livingroom, and all over the place in the room I was renting and have people see them. Basically she didn't need a person with my eccentricities, passion, and philosophy, so I was only there for about six months; haven't been a housemate or a roommate of another person since.

I don't understand the problem with people looking and why anyone would answer that in a negative way. And, I know exactly what it's like to be looked at everywhere. In the past I had people shouting insults, talking, staring etc. Nowadays it's less common, but people still look and ocasionally stare; it's other men, women, children... don't know why but I like to think it's in a more positive fashion than it used to be. Anyway, what does it matter? Let them look if they want. I don't see how that excuses a bad attitude.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm somewhat surprised that no one has mentioned Olivia Wilde yet. Fantastic actress; I wish she would do more big screen roles, however. I remember reading somewhere that she is a natural blond -- I find it interesting that her hair is seldom that color.

oliviawildephotograph.jpg

My favorite photo of Ayn Rand. Such a lovely and vibrant young woman.

aynrand120.jpg

I realize that she's an acquired taste, but Karen O (right). She's serpentlike...and mesmerizing.

06m.jpg

Edited by Georgia

• 3 months later...

I believe there is only one true "10" currently on this planet. Every other woman i have ever seen falls short, even if only a little;

monica-bellucci.jpg

There are some more provocative pictures out there that showcase her form (which is as perfect as her face). How did she only get mentioned ONE TIME in the past 14 pages?!?!?!

Im also a fan on Elisha Cuthbert

elisha-cuthbert-picture-4.jpg

I guess this thread shows how different tastes can be. Other than Elisha Cuthbert and maybe a couple others, I think pretty much all of the women mentioned so far are so-so at best.

My favorite actress is Vanessa Marcil:

vanessa_marcil_lg.jpg

I just listened to her and Gary Scott Thompson commenting an episode on the Las Vegas Season One DVD. Thompson introduces her as "the lovely, talented, beautiful...wonderful......incredible Vanessa Marcil!" Vanessa's response: "Talented, that's so sweet!" That should give you the answer to the "...and why" part!

Can I make a request? Please supply names. I don't go to many movies and have no TV whatsoever--and even if I did, appearances change drastically from movie to movie or show to show. Two of the last three posts I have no idea who I am looking at. I also have no notion who Castle Bravo's brunette is.

Sorry for the repost but I don't know how to edit. Click pictures to make them big !!

Chiaki Kuriyama (24) Japanese, Actress

Tarantino mentioned Battle Royale as the best film made since he started directing, at only 16, she is a standout in it. He then chose her to be the schoolgirl in Kill Bill.

Melina Kanakaredes (42) American, Actress

Plays a detective in CSI: New York

post-4632-1250937542_thumb.jpg

post-4632-1250937560_thumb.jpg

Can I make a request? Please supply names. I don't go to many movies and have no TV whatsoever--and even if I did, appearances change drastically from movie to movie or show to show.

Steve, I can tell you immediately, that the lovely Kate Winslet is featured in Axiomatics reply. She acted as Marianne in a film adaptation of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, which is my favorite work of Jane Austens that I have read, for I am so remarkably similair to Marianne, so similar. And also she played the lead female in the movie Titanic.

Can I make a request? Please supply names. I don't go to many movies and have no TV whatsoever--and even if I did, appearances change drastically from movie to movie or show to show. Two of the last three posts I have no idea who I am looking at. I also have no notion who Castle Bravo's brunette is.

I was unawares that i left out her name. I apologize.

Its Monica Bellucci :D