The Woman Thread

Rate this topic

Groovenstein

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

emily-deschanel.jpg

Emily Deschanel... who is creeping to the top of my "Who should play Dagny?" list...

Ooo! I think she'd be a great Dagny!

kate-winslet.jpg

Not only is she probably the most attractive woman on the plant to me, but also a really great actress with an excellent resume of movies under her belt.

Wow! I love Kate Winslet, but I hardly recognized her. I was just about to confirm with you that was her when I read Intellectualammo's post. I think she's beautiful (and would make a good Dagny as well.)

Wow! I love Kate Winslet, but I hardly recognized her. I was just about to confirm with you that was her when I read Intellectualammo's post. I think she's beautiful (and would make a good Dagny as well.)

I love her dearly as Marianne, since she reminds me of myself. One thing I must mention, and I am unsure if she was even mentioned here, but Gywneth Paltrow. I just watched the 2003 film Sylvia two nights ago with my Gals, which is about Sylvia Plath, and after having spent much time this month on reading all her poetry, everything in her unabridged journals - (did I survive not coming down with Werther Fever, but with Spring Fever, only to experience the Sylvia Plath Effect?) - but she too I see myself in. Amazing scene when she meets Ted Hughes! If I can find it on youtube I'll link to it, but I find Gwyneth Paltrow as Sylvia, highly attractive.

Start it at 3.48 watch till 7.50:

Excellent.

After having read her journals and what she said about Ted... I wish I was the type of man that could make a woman writer act like that - have her heart beat ink for me, like that. But anyways, I have trouble loading pictures on my new laptop, so just view the youtube to see her and the magnificent scene. It gets to me.

Edited by intellectualammo

This summer I had the chance to be exposed to "Bollywood" tv and movies, and I gotta say, those Bollywood babes definitely give any women in the West a run for their money. Ashwarya Rai is just a small taste of the Indian cuisine :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Now this, ladies and gentlemen, would be the perfect Dagny Taggart look if Angelina Jolie were to play the role.

Stana Katic would likely be a great fit, as well.

Agreed on both accounts. They both can convey a sophisticated woman. Perhaps some would say they are too beautiful, but I always imagined Dagny as better-looking than she was described in the book anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Gweneth Paltrow that I spoke of has now made the cover of People mag as the Most Beautiful Woman in the World 2013:

"People Magazine named her the most beautiful woman in the world while last week Star Magazine declared the actress the most hated celebrity on the planet."

They mentioned arrogance.

Gwyneth-Paltrow-026.jpg

She also models and does adds for Estee Lauder, among my top favorite woman fragrances, like the Pleasures line.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/2006-09/21/xin_4109032110517563222913.jpg

Edited by intellectualammo