Objectivism Online Forum

Objectivism Online Conference!

Rate this topic

While browsing the internet one day, I came across this.

Why don't we have a meeting similar to that; a "Objectivism Online Mania 2005 Conference", held in/and no other state:Minnesota! (Every other Objectivist Conference is held in either CA or NY, NEVER IN THE MIDWEST #@$%) Seriously though, I think that that would be a good idea. David could charge a small amount for attendence (to raise $$ for the site), and members voluntarily could sign up to prepare lectures. We could also talk about the future for the site (like how about a newsletter!!), possible publications, etc. I think it is a great idea (although the name of the Conference could possibly be different, some cool acronym like OCON - how about the M.A.N I.S. G.R.E.A.T C.O.N.F.E.R.E.N.C.E. (Minnesota Assembly in No Intervening State for the Great and Really Excellent Talks on Capitalism, Objectivism, Nature, Freedom, Epistemology, Reason and Entertainment with No Crummy Egalitarians!) We could plan to have it in the summer of 2006! What do you guys think?

Edited by Free Thinker

While browsing the internet one day, I came across this.

Why don't we have a meeting similar to that; a "Objectivism Online Mania 2005 Conference", held in/and no other state:Minnesota!

Oh come on -- I say Philadelphia. Home of the constitution and um...a great symphony orchestra and me :thumbsup:

Edited by Free Thinker

Bah, I say Chicago, home of a better orchestra and, well... home of the Sears Tower.

NO! M.A.N. I.S. G.R.E.A.T. C.O.N.F.E.R.E.N.C.E. SHALL TAKE PLACE WHERE I COMMAND!

Seriously though, I think a conference to that extent would be awesome. Let us start a poll. Can someone insert a poll into this thread, voting on whether to do it, then where to do it?

Nevermind, I'll do it.

Edited by Free Thinker

I am seriously considering going to grad school in Irvine just so I can go to all of those free ARI lectures. II wish they'd do more in NYC. Arg! There's going to be something in Philly the week after I go back to school. Damn the luck. http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pag...ents_ari_events

Edited by Michero