Objectivism Online Forum

What are the similarities and differences between 'Q' haters and Ayn Rand haters?

Rate this topic

Jon Letendre

Split from *** About the Russian aggression of Ukraine ***

How do haters approach Ayn Rand's ideas?

Do they find out what those ideas are, engage with them honestly and attempt to refute them?

Or do they smear her and her admirers, skipping over the substance of her ideas and going straight to condemnation? "It's all there in The Fountainhead. Rape whoever you want to rape, destroy public buildings -- it's all good to the supermen of Objectivism. Atlas Shrugged makes it all clear -- the little people should be snuffed out by smoke inhalation in a train tunnel to clear the path for the supermen who follow Ayn Rand."

Q has made 4,966 posts. They are all sequentially numbered and dated, beginning in the fall of 2017 through to several posts made just last week.

In all the mentions of Q at this site have any of the haters ever, even once, sited a specific Q post and forthrightly engaged with its contents? Or is there always only loud and confident denunciation, belittlement and deflection?

Why might the haters of Ayn Rand and Q behave in the same ways?

https://qanon.pub

Edited by dream_weaver

• dream_weaver changed the title to What are the similarities and differences between 'Q' haters and Ayn Rand haters?

Jon, I clicked on your link. This is the first I've seen writings by Q. They are mysterian, as in "the meek shall inherit the earth." Loose enough to lay your own meaning on them if you care to. Some of my poems are pretty mysterian, such as the following one (2012). None of my poems of any sort has ever been about public affairs, because that is not what is of greatest importance to me or anywhere near it. I touch something deeper, and some people really appreciate it, even just the feel of the more mysterian ones. Thankfully, these words will never be a reason for politics or social movements. 

Still One

Only it, other it is.

Given it is and taken.

Other it is in token.

Spoken it is, other is.

Round itself sailing itself,

taking, making its token,

breath-sail flies and dies, broken.

Rounding ruin, round sails itself.

In, still one, out, rushing roar,

kill after kill, still is still.

Touch and word, still ever will.

One, still one. For say, sail, oar.

Stephen, yes, the Q posts are quite mysterian. Like the stanzas of a poem the import of later posts sometimes rely on the meaning and context provided by earlier ones. The posts are indeed open to interpretation and Q themself have emphasized that multiple meanings exist. Some posts are highly coded and seemingly intended for and meaningful only to particular audiences with specific knowledge.

Added link.

On 12/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, Jon Letendre said:

Q has made 4,966 posts. They are all sequentially numbered and dated, beginning in the fall of 2017 through to several posts made just last week.

FirstQ-post-memed-1.png

Last-Nov27-2022-Q-post-memed-4966.png

Edited by William Scott Scherk
Added direct links to Q post 1 and 4966

On 12/7/2022 at 10:12 PM, Boydstun said:

Jon, I clicked on your link. This is the first I've seen writings by Q. They are mysterian, as in "the meek shall inherit the earth."

It's more like Nostradamus. Don't be so kind about it - the people who follow it are unhinged, treating all these things as hidden truths, but far from any rational methodology. Mysteries treated as guides to the real truth, where encoded messages are open to interpretation without a means to decipher them. And the mysteries are treated as evidence. Not to mention that "the storm" never did happen. The prophecy didn't come true.  

So when JL talks about "engaging the ideas", he's talking about engaging the equivalent of the ideas people have from looking at inkblots. How am I supposed to engage with that? I don't mean that metaphorically, I truly have nothing to say. And if I talked to JL about his claims, the evidence would be based on these mysterian messages. At least with flat earthers, they make claims you can prove or disprove. 

On 12/7/2022 at 10:12 PM, Boydstun said:

Thankfully, these words will never be a reason for politics or social movements. 

Why do you think that? A lot of political and social movements have been started based on conspiracies about what is "really" going on. 

Imagine having ChatGPT create poetic quatrains predicting future events. It could provide a feeding frenzy for those who eat that kind of stuff up.

Here is an example of a ChatGPT output:

OpenAI ChatGPT Prompts

Write the Sermon on the mount - but by Ayn Rand

The Sermon on the Mount is a famous passage from the New Testament in which Jesus Christ delivers a sermon to his disciples. Here is a hypothetical rewrite of the Sermon on the Mount, written from the perspective of Ayn Rand and her philosophy of Objectivism:

The Objectivist Sermon on the Mount

Blessed are the rational, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are the independent, for they shall be free.

Blessed are the productive, for they shall be rewarded.

Blessed are those who strive for excellence, for they shall achieve greatness.

Blessed are those who respect the rights of others, for they shall live in harmony.

Blessed are those who reject the tyranny of the collective, for they shall be true to themselves.

Blessed are those who embrace the virtue of selfishness, for they shall find happiness and fulfillment.

Blessed are those who embrace reason and reject faith, for they shall know the truth.

Blessed are those who seek their own happiness, for they shall find it.

These are the ideals that we must strive for if we are to create a just and prosperous society. May we all strive to live by these principles and create a world in which each person is free to pursue their own happiness and reach their full potential.

Edited by dream_weaver
Added an example of ChatGPT output.

Some would say we're in the early stages of The Storm right now. For example, all that Musk is doing and exposing at Twitter.

Has the collapse foreseen in Atlas Shrugged occurred? Therefore, Rand was wrong about all of it?

Edited by Jon Letendre

Is the situation in Sri Lanka a real world example of systemic collapse , or an amendable aberration in an otherwise underdeveloped society? 

Is the sourcing of energy for Europe going to be a short term situation , are calls for de-industrialization just political rhetoric or is it an example of systemic failure / collapse?

The global pandemic response ? 

4 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Some would say we're in the early stages of The Storm right now. For example, all that Musk is doing and exposing at Twitter.

Like most prophecies, when they don't come true, they are reinterpreted so that they become a new prophecy. 

What Musk did hasn't shown much, just that Twitter had some politically minded intentions (what company doesn't?) But it was explicitly stated that there is no known direct involvement with the government. The mentions about the FBI didn't reveal the nature of what the FBI wanted, which might have been specifically about violent plots for all we know. And even if it was something profound, the whole idea of the storm stems from Q and objectively indecipherable posts. Again, the issue isn't that you make claims, it's that we can't even evaluate what your claims are based on. 

4 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Has the collapse foreseen in Atlas Shrugged occurred? Therefore, Rand was wrong about all of it?

She portrayed a fictional world of the 50s, which could occur in a similar way if certain trends continue. Not even comparable to making real-world predictions about specific events at specific times inside enigmatic messages. Q said the storm was coming, not "it could be coming but it might not if you do something about it". 

You seem unable to decide whether Q posts are "objectively indecipherable" or "real-world predictions about specific events at specific times."

The truth is that very few "predictions" are ever made.

Q posts are mostly pointers to suppressed information and suggestions for further research.

28 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

You seem unable to decide whether Q posts are "objectively indecipherable" or "real-world predictions about specific events at specific times."

I mean, Nostradamus made real-world predictions about specific events at specific times, the indecipherable part is what exactly the prediction is. Not a broad generalization about trends.

32 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Q posts are mostly pointers to suppressed information and suggestions for further research.

Since the posts are not objectively decipherable, you can make them point to whatever you want. A tarot card reading suggests information for further research, but based on whatever interpretation you want.

Q was posting about Jeffrey Epstein almost two years prior to Epstein's arrest in July of 2019.

See the Q posts that directly mention Epstein here:

Q (qanon.pub)

Scroll to the bottom and read some of them in the order published, starting with #133 dated Nov 11, 2017.

Edited by Jon Letendre

40 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Scroll to the bottom and read some of them in the order published, starting with #133 dated Nov 11, 2017.

I don't think vague posts about things Epstein was already accused of at that time is evidence of anything. 

Edited by Eiuol

What are the similarities and differences between 'Communist' haters and Ayn Rand haters?

What are the similarities and differences between 'Christian" haters and Ayn Rand haters?

What are the similarities and differences between 'Islam' haters and Ayn Rand haters?

What are the similarities and differences between 'Fascist' haters and Ayn Rand haters?

What is the point of this type of question? That 'Q' is credible? Why not ask that question in the first place?

To hold 'Q' beliefs or any of the above examples (Communist, Christian, Islam, Fascist) as having the same validity and esteem as Objectivism is insulting. I watched the Q videos for ten hours I think. It was as informative as a Harry Potter movie. I in fact was entertained by the off the wall beliefs that President Kennedy's son is still alive and Trump's spelling mistakes were code words etc. But incredible also means "not credible".