Objectivism Online Forum

Reblogged:Friday Hodgepodge

Rate this topic

A Political Popcorn Roundup

Usually, I take a break from politics on Friday, but these stories are amusing enough to me to qualify as such a break.

1. Reader Steve D alerted me yesterday to a rant by Ann Coulter about "That Old Trump Magic:"
Another focus of Trump's rage was Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. Remember him? He's the guy Trump called after the 2020 election, demanding that he produce another 11,780 Trump votes. Raffensperger won his primary this year by nearly 20 points.

I think the voters were trying to send a message: Please just give us a normal Republican.

Trump: Message not received!

Kemp and Raffensperger each won their reelections this year by 8 points.So we know the Trump price: 8 points...
This is especially funny coming from someone who used to say things to the effect that Trump was America's "only hope" against the Democrats.

2. Senator Kirsten Sinema is no longer a Democrat, having announced yesterday that she will become an independent.

It is as yet unclear if this will have much practical effect other than allowing her not to get primaried by her former party when reelection time comes, but it will be fun to see the Democrats squirm over this.

And who knows? Maybe this will result in a 50-50 Senate again, which beats 51-49 more than you might think -- if, as I do, you want to see a curb on the Biden Administration.

3. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez faces an ethics investigation. Needless to say, it may amount to nothing.

John Sexton of Hot Air speculates on what the investigation could be about, and ends, noting that, "The fact that the new Republican congress will be the one making the decision on this makes me wonder if a dismissal is really a given."

4. Finally, it's an oldie but a goodie: The resemblance of China's dictator to Winnie the Pooh -- almost as undeniable as it is upsetting to Xi -- is always good for a laugh.

The most popular photo on Weibo in the past 24 hours. pic.twitter.com/iaTE3yVcM5-- XQ (@MissXQ) June 11, 2013

Happy Friday!

-- CAV

Link to Original