Objectivism Online Forum

I'm New...hi!

Rate this topic

Welcome. What books have you read so far by Miss Rand?

Probably should be more like what haven't I read.

Anthem, We the Living, Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged, Objectivist Epistomology, Journal of Ayn Rand, and I have a nice hardbound copy of the Objectivist Newsletter, which contains all the articles from VoS, C:tUI

What can I say? I'm a bit of a fanboy.

I didn't expand on my intro earlier as I was really busy.

About me: I am in IT as a profession. I have found that I am basically capable of doing anything I put my mind to. I have a business development company and a networking company as hobbies. I love learning new things; I sort of like college, but the more instructors I meet, the more that view changes.

We've got a mini thread here :) :

1) Geeks are power lusters [Felipe's serious contribution]

2) But they aren't in charge

3) Perhaps its because they don't have social skills

4) Or do they just appear not to have social skills

But I fear we're hijacking "dtalton's" thread.

We've got a mini thread here  :) :

1) Geeks are power lusters [Felipe's serious contribution]

2) But they aren't in charge

3) Perhaps its because they don't have social skills

4) Or do they just appear not to have social skills

But I fear we're hijacking "dtalton's" thread.

Threadjack away!

1) Geeks are power lusters.

2) They are in charge. Want to watch me cripple a Fortune 500?

3) I have excellent social skills. I think the geeks you are thinking of are the screeching open-source apes that permeate /. Either that or I might be one of the few exceptions

4) See 3.

:P

2) They are in charge. Want to watch me cripple a Fortune 500?

How does the ability to cripple a Fortune 500 equate to being "in charge"? It is much harder to create than to destroy. Let's see you FOUND a Fortune 500. THEN I'll believe you're in charge.

Plus, isn't this the equation of political power with economic power? For shame! :lol:

How does the ability to cripple a Fortune 500 equate to being "in charge"?  It is much harder to create than to destroy.  Let's see you FOUND a Fortune 500.  THEN I'll believe you're in charge.

Plus, isn't this the equation of political power with economic power?  For shame!  :lol:

Well considering the forum we are chatting on I hope you realize I was kidding. :P

I meant it as a parallel for power that seems to permeate the average business.

And I am working on building a Fortune 500 :P

Welcome to the boards...

Although you have not read much, I for one would be happy to help however I can with any questions you have, I have read many of the books you havent yet.

It is nice to see another person interested in IT. I am learning programming myself and intend to go into Linux Kernal and application design in order to develop my own Linux Os in the future.

Edited by Prometheus98876

the geeks you are thinking of are the screeching open-source apes that permeate /.
/. is a good place to spin wheels with little result. (To readers who don't understand this exchange: it's because you aren't geeky enough :D ) Edited by softwareNerd