Objectivism Online Forum

Back To Homeschooling And Boy Is It Great!

Rate this topic

This post is really lonely
I am not home schooling yet, but I wil be shortly. The job I am on in Beijing has a good Montessori school near by. Once this project finishes, I wil be heading back to Thailand where I do not have that option. I will be home schooling.

Where do you obatain the course materials? I will be in another country, so I will have to get it mailed to me once I discover where to purchase. Are there any sites that you prefer over others? Since it will be in 6 months or so, I should begin to prepare.

Edited by slave

GoodyTooShoes, Given your experiences with homeschooling, what are things you liked and disliked? Is it something you would recommend (I assume "yes", because you've gone back to it)? If so why? Also, what made you quit home schooling and go to public for 8th-10th (unless it was something unrelated to schooling itself)?

I am really interested in your experiences.

GoodyTooShoes, Given your experiences with homeschooling, what are things you liked and disliked? Is it something you would recommend (I assume "yes", because you've gone back to it)? If so why? Also, what made you quit home schooling and go to public for 8th-10th (unless it was something unrelated to schooling itself)?

I am really interested in your experiences.

Yay I'm happy, people replied.lol Well to answer your questions I recommend it to anyone who loves to expand the mind. With homeschooling you have control of what you learn and how you learn. You can stay home or take classes (whether with other homechoolers or even college), or both. What I love about it is the control I have over my mind and not having to hear other students gripe about school being too hard. The one disavantage is sometimes you have to converse with other children who have been sheltered by their parents and therefore have no sense of reality or are fearful.

As for going to public school I wanted to try it out mainly. I wanted the social aspect as well as for the experiance. And I'm so appreciative for the experiance to up my confidence and the friends I have made along the way. I didn't want to leave my last school because I loved the people there. However, as a junior I have to focus on my studies more. Here is a list of what I'm studying and the classes I'm taking this year.

At home:

English

Geometry

Economics/financial literacy

Spanish

Geography :)

P.E. (also at the gym)

Anatomy

Classes(tuesday, wendsday and thursday)

Artistic Anatomy

Financial Literacy

Highschool Literature

Tae Kwon Do (P.E.) :ninja:

classes (friday)

speach and debate

Accounting principals at Pikes Peak Community College (tuesdays and thursdays)