Objectivism Online Forum

Ayn Rand: The Musical

Rate this topic

It's your Newsday.com usual bs leftist article about the Edinburgh Festival and how the US etc is evil. But what is oddly interesting is paragraph 12 about the guys newest venture.

"I'm interested in getting into the psychology of people whose lives and views I might not agree with," said Morris, who is currently writing a musical about the hypercapitalist heroine and author Ayn Rand for singer Debbie Harry.

"I can pretty much take for granted the entire audience will have their minds made up about her (England). So anything that presents her as anything other than a sadistic monster is going against the grain."

The only person who's done as much smack as Iggy Popp doing a musical about Rand. Oh yeah, that should be interesting.

It's your Newsday.comusual bs leftist article about the Edinburgh Festival and how the US etc is evil. But what is oddly interesting is paragraph 12 about the guys newest venture.

The only person who's done as much smack as Iggy Popp doing a musical about Rand. Oh yeah, that should be interesting.

THE best actress to portray Miss Rand would be Patti Lupone. She looks and acts just as I imagine Miss Rand did. If it were done honestly, though, the entire London stage play industry would evaporate in a fit of pique.

"I can pretty much take for granted the entire audience will have their minds made up about her (England). So anything that presents her as anything other than a sadistic monster is going against the grain."

Just in case it was unclear to anyone, this paragraph is not referring to Ayn Rand; the "England" is Lyndie England.

It's your Newsday.comusual bs leftist article about the Edinburgh Festival and how the US etc is evil. But what is oddly interesting is paragraph 12 about the guys newest venture.

Your link doesn't work. :dough:

Can you please post the proper one? ;)

Your link doesn't work. :dough:

Can you please post the proper one? ;)

Just did a search on the site for Edinburgh Festival and found this one that is different but it should work.

And I should not have quoted the second paragraph in my original post. It threw the first paragraph off and it really ruined the context. Thanks again for the context Mark.