Objectivism Online Forum

Hello Fellow Objectivists

Rate this topic

From “colorful Colorado”:

I am a sincere objectivist from when I first started college; via Ayn Rand, Julian Jaynes, Nathaniel Brandon…. My philosophical search migrated towards Neo-Tech. But over the years I have decided that objectivism is based on better base of reason. (Although more advanced objectivists may gain some insight from Neo-Tech, in general, don’t waste your time or money on NT. They have picked up on some mystical, if not nerdy, notions; not to mention some bad writing techniques.)

I admit that I have an agenda. I am completely for the war in Iraq, and I am for taking any such preventative military action to protect The United States of America; including attacking Iran to prevent them from making nuclear weapons….

War is, and should be, the last option. But I believe it is the moral and ethical duty of the USA to protect itself/ourselves. My “agenda” is to protect the most moral and ethical society of freedom and property rights EVER in the history of the world. But maybe we can “objectively” debate where the “initiation of force” ends and where American imperialism begins.

But most of all, I think our worst enemy is the “5th Column”; and that would be the people in America who support the dishonest values of Hollywood elites, Michael Moore, the Howard Dean’s and John Kerry’s…. But don’t confuse me with a conservative. Although I hate the ACLU, I cannot accept the values (or lack thereof) of any religious dogma in our great secular society.

But, anyway... you get the idea. Talk to you soon.

Laissez-faire!

Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious why you call yourself "Struggling Loser" in your profile :thumbsup: .

I just called myself that for the purpose of humility among strangers; not to mention being frustrated that I am not a millionaire yet. :nuke:

My experience with message boards is that if you express any knowledge, that people disagree with, some people will attack you. It is debate bait.

I don't know about "attack", but around here you're likely to get some lengthy queries as to what constitutes your personal philosophy.

If you don't want to argue, your best strategy is not to come on and immediately begin criticizing Ayn Rand or some "facet" of Objectivism you don't agree with. That nearly always starts a storm of questions, some rather indignant. It's best to read the threads where someone else has already made a similar complaint first, otherwise you're going on the defensive right off the bat.

Being hazed is not fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Wes. You don't waste time, do you?

Thanks for the Neo-Tech info

*adds Neo-Tech to "The List"*

I'm also new, so I'm not sure what the "official" response to Op: Iraqi Freedom is. I'm somewhat on the other side of the fence, so maybe we'll compare opinions on it some time. <_<