Objectivism Online Forum

Hello, and an introduction

Rate this topic

Hi everyone.

I've been lurking around here for a while, and since I just posted for the first time (on another thread) I figure it's about time to introduce myself.

I am a senior at Swarthmore College, an institution located on Crum Creek in Pennsylvania and once described by Spiro T. Agnew as "the Kremlin on the Crum." It's a nickname that still fits pretty well. I wouldn't call myself an Objectivist yet, as I am still learning, but I have been studying Objectivism off-and-on since my senior year of high school, and fairly seriously for the past year. I am a PoliSci major/English lit minor, and I intend to go to law school in the near future. I'll be graduating in May, and between now and law school, I have no idea what I'm going to do--though studying Objectivism is certainly part of the plan. At law school I hope to study IP law, and perhaps international law--maybe even both together.

I love reading; listening to music of many kinds; dancing; travelling; looking at beautiful things, and making things around me beautiful; editing; photography; comedy; arguing about international and domestic events.

I've met a couple of Objectivists my own age though the Objectivist club at UPenn/Drexel, but that's about it. It's very refreshing to read this board and see that Objectivist thinking is alive and well amongst us youngsters (and the young-at-heart). Thanks to those of you who facilitate/administrate the board, it's a great opportunity for the rest of us.

--Carla, who couldn't think of a clever nickname for the board

Hi Circe (and others),

No, I haven't been to Penn State's club. Penn State is about 3 hours from here, so it would be a little out of range, though I should look into it to see if there are any interesting events there. Are you from PA?