Objectivism Online Forum

Objectivist Academic Center

Rate this topic

I am presently in the first year of the OAC (as is David). We'll be a year ahead of you, but we'll still probably have some contact with you through the program (such as the ARI campus list). I think you'll enjoy the classes.

• 1 month later...

I was just thinking about that. And the answer is no. If I don't get an email on Monday I'm going to email them and ask what's up. They said that they would tell us the entire deal by the end of July, which has passed, so... They have been behind schedule with every part of the whole process, so this doesn't come as a surprise to me.

I've noticed that the folks at the OAC are often behind schedule. Don't let that surprise or worry you, they will get around to it eventually (and hopefully on time to still be useful). Most of them also work in other capacities at ARI or have other jobs, so they are busy busy people...although it would be nice if they could consistently get things out when they say they're going to. :P

I received word, a long time ago, that I was accepted into the OAC, at which time, they requested that I reply to this acceptance. I did so, and since then, I have not received any word as to whether this reply was received, the schedule of the OAC classes, whether or not I will receive a phone scholarship, etc.

Is there some sort of major delay here for everyone else? Or has something gone wrong for me?

I received an immediate reply when I replied to my notification of acceptance last year. However, the actual registration of classes and other things did get sent out later than they had said they would.

This year I still have not received any information on registering for the second-year courses.

The OAC doesn't seem to be one of ARI's top priorities at this point. I am guessing that they're just running behind because they're busy with other projects. Yes, it can be inconvenient, but I wouldn't worry about it too much--they'll get around to it eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently received the schedule for the first year OAC classes and I have a scheduling conflict with the Introduction to Philosophy class. For those of you who have taken classes before, is it harmful to the education to listen to the classes on tape?

• 2 years later...