Objectivism Online Forum

Austin Community College Club

Rate this topic

Hello everyone!

I am starting an objectivist club at Austin Community College, in Austin Texas. I ahve an advisor (Dr. Robert Garmong in fact). However, my school requires four founding officers it seems. I have myself, but still require three others. If anyone is a student at ACC, and is interested, I would love to know! Also, anyone who is not interested in being an officer, but still is interested, feel free to contact me as well.

Hello everyone!

I am starting an objectivist club at Austin Community College, in Austin Texas. I ahve an advisor (Dr. Robert Garmong in fact). However, my school requires four founding officers it seems. I have myself, but still require three others. If anyone is a student at ACC, and is interested, I would love to know! Also, anyone who is not interested in being an officer, but still is interested, feel free to contact me as well.

Hey Joshua, I don't go to ACC but used to live in Ausitn. Cool that you have Garmong as an advisor. Have you tried putting up fliers? It was the way we did it at college oh so many years ago to get other people interested in joining. Sure they may not be died-in-the-wool Objectivists but it will be enough to form the club. Plus ask Prof Garmong to mention the club in class and that may get some good response.

Back in the days we used to offere lectures via audio tape from ARI to get people interested. Have you contacted ARI about what they offer campus clubs in the way of help to get them started? They used to offer quite a bit of support and guidance. In fact we built up quite a library of tapes and brocures/leaflets to hand out.

Hey Joshua, I don't go to ACC but used to live in Ausitn. Cool that you have Garmong as an advisor. Have you tried putting up fliers? It was the way we did it at college oh so many years ago to get other people interested in joining. Sure they may not be died-in-the-wool Objectivists but it will be enough to form the club. Plus ask Prof Garmong to mention the club in class and that may get some good response.

Back in the days we used to offere lectures via audio tape from ARI to get people interested. Have you contacted ARI about what they offer campus clubs in the way of help to get them started? They used to offer quite a bit of support and guidance. In fact we built up quite a library of tapes and brocures/leaflets to hand out.

Yes, he should be a great advisor!

I will of course post fliers when the club is formed, and will welcome non-objectivists!

I may even get approval to post some fliers now to look for officers for the club. And I will be asking Dr. Garmong to mention it in class.

I have already contacted ARI some, and they offer alot of help still.

Thanks!