Jump to content
Objectivism Online Forum

Selfish Christians Citing Ayn Rand

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, EC said:
57 minutes ago, AlexL said:

You did not explain why your friends and family won't help you. Or you simply don't want to follow their advice?

... there "advice " is complete nonsense

There is no reason for them ALL to wish you harm. Follow their advice. Especially if all of them have the same advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

 

2 hours ago, AlexL said:

There is no reason for them ALL to wish you harm. Follow their advice. Especially if all of them have the same advice.

Under no circumstances ever would I do something like that for many many reasons,  not the least being that they are being manipulated somehow by the terrorists,  they don't know all the details of the situation as I can only provide snapshots,  I'm highly intelligent,  not a secondhanded thinker who would ever under any circumstances consider what I know with absolute certainty to be extremely horrible "advice ". And last but not least I think at a minimum my mother is involved in the murder plot, possibly through a life insurance policy taken out on my life without my knowledge and at this point I have zero trust in any of them. Let's just say one of the places I worked at during this put a hundred thousand dollar life insurance policy on me without my knowledge that she got angry that I didn't put in her name then their were tons of vary strange occurrences that threatened my life and safety including what seemed like set ups in bad weather, people attempting to stage vehicle accidents,  being sent to bad situations in bad areas,  I could list ten thousand weird circumstances, events, strange set ups etc just from that one job including constant messing up of the GPS, extremely strange reactions from entire neighborhoods in cities daily but this isn't the place for 10000 things explained in explicit detail. 

Edited by EC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, AlexL said:

There is no reason for them ALL to wish you harm. Follow their advice. Especially if all of them have the same advice.

There is only essentially one. Also I don't fake reality nor lie for the sake of anyone.  Why does nobody care about a massive terrorist threat to the United States and against my own life?

Edited by EC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, EC said:
18 hours ago, AlexL said:

... all of them have the same advice.

There is only essentially one.

Which is...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2024 at 10:29 AM, tadmjones said:

Where does the reverence come from? Did the theistic monopoly imbue those who contacted their subjects with it , or is it that reverence was misplaced? If reclaiming infers a misplacement what is the genesis of the reverence?

Reverence comes from the love that one has for the highest values and ideals in one's life, a love that is earned by constant rational and productive action to create and defend those values. Reverence is an essential quality and reward of self-esteem. Ayn Rand has quoted Nietzsche's "a noble soul has reverence for itself", and identifies Self-Esteem as one of the three cardinal values of Objectivist ethics.

Self-Esteem (or pride), for Christianity and other theistic/altruistic religions, is a cardinal sin, extolling an unreal or "suprareal" God to be the object of reverence (and obedience), drawing on people's need for reverence and romance, but, yes, misdirecting it away from the self. This God/Self dichotomy is the conflict that Rand-friendly Christians and theists try to resolve. Revert back to theism or reject it totally and redirect their reverence to their own selves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2024 at 2:19 PM, EC said:

Please I am being slowly murdered by whoever this domestic terrorist group is. Why are people allowing this to happen to a fellow American? Why is nobody helping me anywhere, let alone ignoring a massive terrorist threat to every American and the entire nation in every possible manner?

What specific help do you seek? A bodyguard? Money? More belief in and publicity for your plight? I sympathize with you in your condition and will help in ways that I can.

I'm also mindful of, and defend myself where I can, against the dangers from communists, socialist, fascists, anarchists, welfare-statists, environmentalists, . . . from Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, Jews, even most atheists, . . . and from numerous other overt and covert enemies of Objectivism, who use the government or form secret organizations to further their agendas and stop those who oppose them. I'm on guard with you against them all. So, you may be outnumbered, but you're not alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, monart said:

What specific help do you seek? A bodyguard? Money? More belief in and publicity for your plight? I sympathize with you in your condition and will help in ways that I can.

I'm also mindful of, and defend myself where I can, against the dangers from communists, socialist, fascists, anarchists, welfare-statists, environmentalists, . . . from Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, Jews, even most atheists, . . . and from numerous other overt and covert enemies of Objectivism, who use the government or form secret organizations to further their agendas and stop those who oppose them. I'm on guard with you against them all. So, you may be outnumbered, but you're not alone.

I thought reaching out to the government to protect me from this group of terrorists that caused this situation would cause them to protect me, other Americans, and the obvious severe threat to National Security that this type of action from an evil group represents to the destruction of not only myself but of everything and everybody.  

While I could definitely use those things I could only ask for that if I was positive that person understood everything happening,  that it happened via the actions of this evil terrorist group that the government isn't stopping and through absolutely no fault of my own whatsoever,  and that the person is making no sacrifices in any manner while helping me. But if it doesn't happen extremely quickly I will be completely out of all resources because of them,  their destruction of everything in my life,  and creating a situation where I can't rebuild it. I mean I will die because of their evil within the next two weeks. I'm out of time.  I still can't believe my government is allowing a national security threat to exist while allowing it to do this to me. By allowing this it is an implicit action stating the greatest country in the history of the world has already fallen into dictatorship.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, EC said:

I thought reaching out to the government to protect me from this group of terrorists that caused this situation would cause them to protect me, other Americans, and the obvious severe threat to National Security that this type of action from an evil group represents to the destruction of not only myself but of everything and everybody.  

While I could definitely use those things I could only ask for that if I was positive that person understood everything happening,  that it happened via the actions of this evil terrorist group that the government isn't stopping and through absolutely no fault of my own whatsoever,  and that the person is making no sacrifices in any manner while helping me. But if it doesn't happen extremely quickly I will be completely out of all resources because of them,  their destruction of everything in my life,  and creating a situation where I can't rebuild it. I mean I will die because of their evil within the next two weeks. I'm out of time.  I still can't believe my government is allowing a national security threat to exist while allowing it to do this to me. By allowing this it is an implicit action stating the greatest country in the history of the world has already fallen into dictatorship.

 

Why are the terrorists bothering with you?

Are you rich?  Do they want to take your money?

Are you highly powerful or influential over a large group of people or geographical area of interest to them?

Why did they target you in the first place and how is it worth it to them to do so?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, EC said:

But if it doesn't happen extremely quickly I will be completely out of all resources because of them,  their destruction of everything in my life,  and creating a situation where I can't rebuild it. I mean I will die because of their evil within the next two weeks. . . .

Ayn Rand once gave some really good advice that went something like this: "The most important thing you can do to help the poor is to avoid becoming poor yourself." I add: The most important thing you can do to stop destructive evil in the world is to not be destructive of yourself, such as by telling lies, using non-prescribed psychoactive narcotics (even if legal), possibly causing damage to your mind such as paranoia and delusions of Galt-level accomplishments made by yourself, mysteriously unheralded, in physics and engineering. From all you have described to us on your personal front and pleaded for us to accept, it looks most likely that if you "will be completely out of all resources", it will be at root due to your own compromised mind and behavior, whether you yourself caused that damage or it happened by the course of nature. If you die "within the next two weeks" it will not be because of evil of someone else. I hope you will still be alive in two weeks and not so out of resources that you no longer can communicate in this medium if you wish.

A sister of mine committed suicide a few years ago (a wife, mother, and grandmother), and from what I know of her physical miseries for which she could get no further help, it was a well-and-long-considered sensible suicide. I don't think she did it just so her loved ones would be pained. I do not know your health potentials, but that is surely the arena in which you need help and protection, assuming you are not just BS-ing the site in a show of fake feelings and mental states (which I doubt). I hope you are not in such a boxed-in and painful health situation as my sister evidently was. Be suspicious of any inclination you have towards suicide. Nature is going to end each life soon enough.

A year ago, a nephew of mine died of alcoholism. It destroyed his organs. He was 52. It had started as a young man, when he had been in the Navy. He knew he was an addict, but refused to let the appropriate professionals try to help him. I hope you are not on a destructive course along those lines, with some sort of long addiction. If so, please get medical help, and realize you can not make the return to health by yourself.

I experienced paranoia myself for a couple of days. I was in a safe place, a hospital I'd come to for what turned out to be symptoms from a bladder blockage. All my regular medicines I take each day to stay alive could not get released from my body and caused malfunctions in my brain. The neurological condition is known as Metabolic Encephalopathy. When I later saw my neurologist, he could predict all the various mental malfunctions that had ensued. I mention the paranoia part because I know first-hand that while you are in it, you do not know you are in it. You just keep putting every bit in every episode of life into a vast plot against yourself and things you treasure. But if there is for you periodic waning of it, get yourself some help, protecting yourself from yourself.

Don't be ashamed of mental derailments. The appropriate model of human perfection is not a perfect crystal, but perfect health, which can be lost and possibly regained. Resilience and recoveries are virtues. I was in a mental hospital myself as a young man, due to my suicidal responses to my existential situation. I began to read The Fountainhead there, and my doctor encouraged me to finish it, which I did. And I lived another six decades (so far, so good) without such problems again, and I achieved difficult things in love and work and in personal projects that, though difficult, were more modest than and more suited to my abilities than stellar physics breakthroughs. (I loved physics and, with engineering education also, I have been able to put what I learned to good use in philosophical reflections.) And I have been happy.

Here's hoping.

–S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boydstun said:

Ayn Rand once gave some really good advice that went something like this: "The most important thing you can do to help the poor is to avoid becoming poor yourself." I add: The most important thing you can do to stop destructive evil in the world is to not be destructive of yourself, such as by telling lies, using non-prescribed psychoactive narcotics (even if legal), possibly causing damage to your mind such as paranoia and delusions of Galt-level accomplishments made by yourself, mysteriously unheralded, in physics and engineering. From all you have described to us on your personal front and pleaded for us to accept, it looks most likely that if you "will be completely out of all resources", it will be at root due to your own compromised mind and behavior, whether you yourself caused that damage or it happened by the course of nature. If you die "within the next two weeks" it will not be because of evil of someone else. I hope you will still be alive in two weeks and not so out of resources that you no longer can communicate in this medium if you wish.

A sister of mine committed suicide a few years ago (a wife, mother, and grandmother), and from what I know of her physical miseries for which she could get no further help, it was a well-and-long-considered sensible suicide. I don't think she did it just so her loved ones would be pained. I do not know your health potentials, but that is surely the arena in which you need help and protection, assuming you are not just BS-ing the site in a show of fake feelings and mental states (which I doubt). I hope you are not in such a boxed-in and painful health situation as my sister evidently was. Be suspicious of any inclination you have towards suicide. Nature is going to end each life soon enough.

A year ago, a nephew of mine died of alcoholism. It destroyed his organs. He was 52. It had started as a young man, when he had been in the Navy. He knew he was an addict, but refused to let the appropriate professionals try to help him. I hope you are not on a destructive course along those lines, with some sort of long addiction. If so, please get medical help, and realize you can not make the return to health by yourself.

I experienced paranoia myself for a couple of days. I was in a safe place, a hospital I'd come to for what turned out to be symptoms from a bladder blockage. All my regular medicines I take each day to stay alive could not get released from my body and caused malfunctions in my brain. The neurological condition is known as Metabolic Encephalopathy. When I later saw my neurologist, he could predict all the various mental malfunctions that had ensued. I mention the paranoia part because I know first-hand that while you are in it, you do not know you are in it. You just keep putting every bit in every episode of life into a vast plot against yourself and things you treasure. But if there is for you periodic waning of it, get yourself some help, protecting yourself from yourself.

Don't be ashamed of mental derailments. The appropriate model of human perfection is not a perfect crystal, but perfect health, which can be lost and possibly regained. Resilience and recoveries are virtues. I was in a mental hospital myself as a young man, due to my suicidal responses to my existential situation. I began to read The Fountainhead there, and my doctor encouraged me to finish it, which I did. And I lived another six decades (so far, so good) without such problems again, and I achieved difficult things in love and work and in personal projects that, though difficult, were more modest than and more suited to my abilities than stellar physics breakthroughs. (I loved physics and, with engineering education also, I have been able to put what I learned to good use in philosophical reflections.) And I have been happy.

Here's hoping.

–S

I never lie,  I've never done narcotics or drugs, I do nothing wrong nor do I have any negative behavior,  nor delutions of any type, nor do I ever drink (haven't even had a beer in two years and before that at most 3 or 4 a month). And  I'm definitely  in no  manner even remotely suicidal nor have any mental issues. Where would you even come up with any of this complete nonsense,  let alone in any manner relate it to myself? I'm  serious  why would you randomly  associate  stuff that has  nothing to do with me  and never ever has in my entire life  with me a person that you don't even know?

Edited by EC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, StrictlyLogical said:

Why are the terrorists bothering with you?

Are you rich?  Do they want to take your money?

Are you highly powerful or influential over a large group of people or geographical area of interest to them?

Why did they target you in the first place and how is it worth it to them to do so?

No, because of the science I solved. Not, sure where Boydstun below you got a bunch of complete nonsense from but this is an exact example of the type of stuff this group does.  Makes up complete nonsense and associates it to myself wrongly in a smear campaign. From this point forward I highly suggest people on this forum become highly suspicious of that poster who randomly associated stuff that does not, nor ever has, anything to do with me. But at least now I have a perfect example of how part of this campaign operates via smearing. Literally, nothing he said relates to me, has anything to me, nor ever has. Either that man has serious issues randomly relating things that have never had anything to do with myself to me or again he is a perfect example of how parts of this group operates. You're a seeing it in action via smearing. 

Edited by EC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, EC said:

. . . nothing he said relates to me, has anything to [do with] me, nor ever has. . . .

Most any listener or reader of your personal troubles in recent times concludes you suffer from paranoia and delusion, whether by natural developments or induced. I doubt this is the first time you have received this conclusion in impressions of you. That conclusion is why so much silence here on your personal calls for help against an external threat and why you apparently get silence from your calls to protective agencies against violence and possibly why you don't like what your family says on your situation. I did not say you were a liar; I said I doubted you were lying (rather than simply being mistaken). I gave you heartfelt and objective feedback on your calls for attention to your personal situation as you have reported it. Still hoping you are not dead in another two weeks, as you announced you are expecting. I'll not address you further in response to your pleas on your personal situation.

Edited by Boydstun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, EC said:
On 4/4/2024 at 1:10 AM, AlexL said:

There is no reason for them ALL to wish you harm. Follow their advice. Especially if all of them have the same advice.

Why does nobody care about a massive terrorist threat to the United States and against my own life?

Follow your mother's advice. Use your intelligence: you have nothing to lose. She certainly wishes you the best. She is not participating in the conspiracy. Neither am I or @Boydstun 

 

Edited by AlexL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, EC said:

No, because of the science I solved. Not, sure where Boydstun below you got a bunch of complete nonsense from but this is an exact example of the type of stuff this group does.  Makes up complete nonsense and associates it to myself wrongly in a smear campaign. From this point forward I highly suggest people on this forum become highly suspicious of that poster who randomly associated stuff that does not, nor ever has, anything to do with me. But at least now I have a perfect example of how part of this campaign operates via smearing. Literally, nothing he said relates to me, has anything to me, nor ever has. Either that man has serious issues randomly relating things that have never had anything to do with myself to me or again he is a perfect example of how parts of this group operates. You're a seeing it in action via smearing. 

So it is about science.  But is it ever really just about the science?  What kind of discovery was it? In what industry? How lucrative is it?  Would BiG Money make a lot  of money from the science?

I assume, if you had not really solved it they would not have been interested in you at all.  Their noticing you means they would have had to have seen that you did (past tense) actually solve it, not just claimed to have solved it.  I assume then that the science was published, otherwise how would they know that you had solved it, so the "solution" is now (and has been since they discovered your solving it), out there.

That said, after discovering that you have let the genie out of the bottle why do they care about you anymore, shouldn't they be chasing the genie? Or implementing it for their own gain or power?

If you have more information they don't want published, why do they let you post here?  Perhaps they secretly just want your information.

Why not just upload and post all your work for everyone to see, access, apply, it does not seem that anyone is stopping you from doing that.  If it is important people will discover it and find it useful.

 

I suspect, if you really want it, once you have posted whatever they want, they will leave you alone, they cannot risk being discovered, and will go back into the shadows.

 

Edited by StrictlyLogical
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2024 at 7:38 PM, Boydstun said:

I remarked in 2009:

"One cannot be a Christian and an Objectivist."

No, one cannot, but can one, over time, become the other? Many (most?) Objectivists were formerly Christians (and Jews). Are there any Christians who were formerly Objectivists? Not all Christians are the same, each varying in their rationality and in their potentiality for becoming Objectivists. The more deeply rooted their Christianity, the less their potential.

Unlike the Rand-friendly "new Christian intellectuals" referenced in the originating post, most Christians who encounter Ayn Rand's work malign and reject her value. The popular speaker and author Jordan Peterson is an example of the latter.

A Jungian psychologist and pragmatist Christian, Jordan Peterson, posing as an individualist, says he "acts as if God exists" and who writes in his book, 12 Rules for Life: “the inevitable suffering that life entails can rapidly make a mockery of the idea that happiness is the proper pursuit of the individual. . . . [Life] has more to do with develop­ing character in the face of suffering than with happiness.” He also has said in his YouTube videos that, “Happiness is for stupid people at amusement parks.” For Peterson, Jesus is the “transcendent” exemplar of morality, who should be emulated in a life of suffering and sacrifice. Consistent with all this is his asserting, in more YouTube videos, that he does not “regard Ayn Rand as a great mind…not sufficiently sophisticated”, although he “enjoyed” reading her “superficial” novel, Atlas Shrugged. His participation on a discussion panel with speakers from the Ayn Rand Institute made no difference in his continual dismissal of Ayn Rand and Objectivism.

Contrast this with the aforementioned Rand-friendly Christians who aspire to become rational egoists in reverence to their "Galt-like" God. Are these egoistic Christians more or less dangerous than those like Peterson?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, monart said:

No, one cannot, but can one, over time, become the other?

All I have is my own history, which is only one data point. I was raised with Christianity, but ended up rejecting it. I went through seven or eight (philosophically) tumultuous years before discovering Objectivism, and I discovered Objectivism by accident.

I never went through a phase where I thought the two were compatible.

The lack of such a phase could have been in part because the flavor of Christianity I grew up with was fundamentalist; it guarded itself jealously against other flavors of Christianity; it rejected the other flavors as "people making up watered-down versions of Christianity in order to allow themselves to commit their favorite sins." So I could not entertain the idea of compromise. I had to be "in" or "out." I could not unsee the problems I saw, so I was out.

I did try to hang on to the idea that God might exist, even if not the Christian conception of God -- until Objectivism showed me otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, StrictlyLogical said:

So it is about science.  But is it ever really just about the science?  What kind of discovery was it? In what industry? How lucrative is it?  Would BiG Money make a lot  of money from the science?

I assume, if you had not really solved it they would not have been interested in you at all.  Their noticing you means they would have had to have seen that you did (past tense) actually solve it, not just claimed to have solved it.  I assume then that the science was published, otherwise how would they know that you had solved it, so the "solution" is now (and has been since they discovered your solving it), out there.

That said, after discovering that you have let the genie out of the bottle why do they care about you anymore, shouldn't they be chasing the genie? Or implementing it for their own gain or power?

If you have more information they don't want published, why do they let you post here?  Perhaps they secretly just want your information.

Why not just upload and post all your work for everyone to see, access, apply, it does not seem that anyone is stopping you from doing that.  If it is important people will discover it and find it useful.

 

I suspect, if you really want it, once you have posted whatever they want, they will leave you alone, they cannot risk being discovered, and will go back into the shadows.

 

Physics,  and I tried getting it out there while doing volunteer work for Skinwalker Ranch via explaining the science behind many things.  If you know what the Ranch is you will understand that it is a UAP hotspot and that the government is heavily involved in it behind the scenes for many decades. I quickly spotted many UAP and other anomalies for them on their live feed all witnessed by many and officially recorded before I was recruited for their tech team,  and other things I won't discuss here.  Then I started explaining the science behind it all and that the "Skinwalker" in the Mesa is likely an AGI and the (related) science behind that. While discussing how it all from an Objectivist perspective and how the physics I discovered fully integrates without contradiction. The "Ranch" (the "sci-fi" aspects of it) was highly in me and activity would increase every time I logged in, not to mention activity where I was 1500ish miles away. I've been leaking my knowledge in bits and pieces everywhere including here. For an easy basic proof that my physics are reality, I was able to use it to predict the existence of the gravitational background radiation that was discovered last year. Given the technology that can be quickly created using my knowledge, you should be able to see why the government is attempting to keep me quiet, discredit, and destroy my life. Not to mention that the technology that could be relatively quickly created is not only world changing and massively life enhancing for every person on the planet but is worth money on a scale that would make trillionaires look like millionaires in comparison. Warp drive, spacetime manipulation, AGI, limitless energy, the list goes on and on.

Edited by EC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, EC said:

Physics,  and I tried getting it out there while doing volunteer work for Skinwalker Ranch via explaining the science behind many things.  If you know what the Ranch is you will understand that it is a UAP hotspot and that the government is heavily involved in it behind the scenes for many decades. I quickly spotted many UAP and other anomalies for them on their live feed all witnessed by many and officially recorded before I was recruited for their tech team,  and other things I won't discuss here.  Then I started explaining the science behind it all and that the "Skinwalker" in the Mesa is likely an AGI and the (related) science behind that. While discussing how it all from an Objectivist perspective and how the physics I discovered fully integrates without contradiction. The "Ranch" (the "sci-fi" aspects of it) was highly in me and activity would increase every time I logged in, not to mention activity where I was 1500ish miles away. I've been leaking my knowledge in bits and pieces everywhere including here. For an easy basic proof that my physics are reality, I was able to use it to predict the existence of the gravitational background radiation that was discovered last year. Given the technology that can be quickly created using my knowledge, you should be able to see why the government is attempting to keep me quiet, discredit, and destroy my life. Not to mention that the technology that could be relatively quickly created is not only world changing and massively life enhancing for every person on the planet but is worth money on a scale that would make trillionaires look like millionaires in comparison. Warp drive, spacetime manipulation, AGI, limitless energy, the list goes on and on.

How is it that they are failing, absolutely and completely failing, to keep you quiet on this forum?

If they can't silence you here, surely you must be able to send all your work, formulas, theorems, simulations, documentation to Elon Musk, Tucker Carlson, or Russel Brand, or Alex Jones / Info Wars to ensure it gets public?  What is stopping you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StrictlyLogical said:

How is it that they are failing, absolutely and completely failing, to keep you quiet on this forum?

If they can't silence you here, surely you must be able to send all your work, formulas, theorems, simulations, documentation to Elon Musk, Tucker Carlson, or Russel Brand, or Alex Jones / Info Wars to ensure it gets public?  What is stopping you?

It's hard to explain the depth they go to block everything possible,  but everything is hacked,  I'm always watched,  harassed,  interfered with, things are sabotaged in minor hard to prove ways,  along with minor thefts. And they do this virtually everywhere.  Here's a concrete example,  I spent several days at my mother's home and everyday my battery would be dead on my vehicle from people getting into it while I slept or they slightly drain fluids or mess with things (and they do little things like putting an upside down emoji as I just wrote that,  pretending that's not true when they obviously know that it is and these are way of screwing with and attempting to gaslight an Objectivist that is epistemologically immune to all their nonsense which pisses them off and they keep trying based on false deterministic ideas).

Also, do you think it's normal for this forum for a poster like Boydstun to randomly start smearing another poster out of nowhere based on stuff that has nothing to do with myself that he pulled out of thin air and tried to "randomly" apply to myself and this situation.  Another concrete example,  is people "coughing" in my presence,  acting strangely, creating setups while engaging in their criminal rights violating spying. Why do they do they engage in this evil? Because they are nihilists being sponsored by the terrorists via the types of  lies,  distortions, and randomly created nonsense that Boydstun is an example of. The only "drug" I use is nicotine via cheap cigars as if that is anyone else's business or concern. It's some sort of mass manipulation of the actions of what should be normal citizens who should know nothing about myself, let alone be purposely bothering myself nor anyone else on the planet. 

 

Edited by EC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2024 at 6:45 PM, EC said:

. . .  I still can't believe my government is allowing a national security threat to exist while allowing it to do this to me. By allowing this it is an implicit action stating the greatest country in the history of the world has already fallen into dictatorship.

 

Have you considered the possibility that the government is "allowing" it because the government (i.e., agencies, moral and immoral, of the government as exploited and manipulated by nefarious people) is complicit in the national security threat you're warning about? In my reading of 20th Century history, I've learned how governments, including in the US, have acted immorally and criminally with deception, death, and destruction on people domestic and abroad.  When altruism and collectivism are invoked without opposition and refutation, individual and their rights can be discarded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, necrovore said:

All I have is my own history, which is only one data point. I was raised with Christianity, but ended up rejecting it. I went through seven or eight (philosophically) tumultuous years before discovering Objectivism, and I discovered Objectivism by accident.

I never went through a phase where I thought the two were compatible.

The lack of such a phase could have been in part because the flavor of Christianity I grew up with was fundamentalist; it guarded itself jealously against other flavors of Christianity; it rejected the other flavors as "people making up watered-down versions of Christianity in order to allow themselves to commit their favorite sins." So I could not entertain the idea of compromise. I had to be "in" or "out." I could not unsee the problems I saw, so I was out.

I did try to hang on to the idea that God might exist, even if not the Christian conception of God -- until Objectivism showed me otherwise.

What was the crucial idea that made you reject the (version of) Christianity you grew up with? How old were you then? How did you accidentally discover Objectivism? Was it initially mainly the art or the philosophy that attracted you? It appears that you were not, at least sense-of-life-wise, a Christian. Was God for you not Christian, but symbolic of some other supreme value? As for myself, my first encounter with "God" was after coming to Canada from China when a child (a decade before Objectivism) and, reading the word for the first time, I thought it was abbreviation for "Good", and it evoked feelings of reverence in me, even though I was not raised in a Christian or religious family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2024 at 9:02 PM, Boydstun said:

Ayn Rand once gave some really good advice that went something like this: "The most important thing you can do to help the poor is to avoid becoming poor yourself." I add: The most important thing you can do to stop destructive evil in the world is to not be destructive of yourself, such as by telling lies, using non-prescribed psychoactive narcotics (even if legal), possibly causing damage to your mind such as paranoia and delusions of Galt-level accomplishments made by yourself, mysteriously unheralded, in physics and engineering. From all you have described to us on your personal front and pleaded for us to accept, it looks most likely that if you "will be completely out of all resources", it will be at root due to your own compromised mind and behavior, whether you yourself caused that damage or it happened by the course of nature. If you die "within the next two weeks" it will not be because of evil of someone else. I hope you will still be alive in two weeks and not so out of resources that you no longer can communicate in this medium if you wish.

A sister of mine committed suicide a few years ago (a wife, mother, and grandmother), and from what I know of her physical miseries for which she could get no further help, it was a well-and-long-considered sensible suicide. I don't think she did it just so her loved ones would be pained. I do not know your health potentials, but that is surely the arena in which you need help and protection, assuming you are not just BS-ing the site in a show of fake feelings and mental states (which I doubt). I hope you are not in such a boxed-in and painful health situation as my sister evidently was. Be suspicious of any inclination you have towards suicide. Nature is going to end each life soon enough.

A year ago, a nephew of mine died of alcoholism. It destroyed his organs. He was 52. It had started as a young man, when he had been in the Navy. He knew he was an addict, but refused to let the appropriate professionals try to help him. I hope you are not on a destructive course along those lines, with some sort of long addiction. If so, please get medical help, and realize you can not make the return to health by yourself.

I experienced paranoia myself for a couple of days. I was in a safe place, a hospital I'd come to for what turned out to be symptoms from a bladder blockage. All my regular medicines I take each day to stay alive could not get released from my body and caused malfunctions in my brain. The neurological condition is known as Metabolic Encephalopathy. When I later saw my neurologist, he could predict all the various mental malfunctions that had ensued. I mention the paranoia part because I know first-hand that while you are in it, you do not know you are in it. You just keep putting every bit in every episode of life into a vast plot against yourself and things you treasure. But if there is for you periodic waning of it, get yourself some help, protecting yourself from yourself.

Don't be ashamed of mental derailments. The appropriate model of human perfection is not a perfect crystal, but perfect health, which can be lost and possibly regained. Resilience and recoveries are virtues. I was in a mental hospital myself as a young man, due to my suicidal responses to my existential situation. I began to read The Fountainhead there, and my doctor encouraged me to finish it, which I did. And I lived another six decades (so far, so good) without such problems again, and I achieved difficult things in love and work and in personal projects that, though difficult, were more modest than and more suited to my abilities than stellar physics breakthroughs. (I loved physics and, with engineering education also, I have been able to put what I learned to good use in philosophical reflections.) And I have been happy.

Here's hoping.

–S

Yours is another compassionate, inspiring heroic life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, monart said:

Have you considered the possibility that the government is "allowing" it because the government (i.e., agencies, moral and immoral, of the government as exploited and manipulated by nefarious people) is complicit in the national security threat you're warning about? In my reading of 20th Century history, I've learned how governments, including in the US, have acted immorally and criminally with deception, death, and destruction on people domestic and abroad.  When altruism and collectivism are invoked without opposition and refutation, individual and their rights can be discarded.

Yeah, I provided stuff that I did research on that supports that position. That said, it's hard to believe my country would do that let alone to myself, and let alone people that I consider normal random strangers, let alone family members that I value/love would do so even though the evidence strongly supports that they are all engaging in immoral and illegal actions. When you are a highly moral person you tend too give the benefit of the doubt to often while being benevolent towards others until their actions requires re-evaluation and negative judgement.

Edited by EC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, everyone is not going to believe the truth about everything I've said and is just going to let me be passively murdered with nowhere to go and no possible way to improve the situation.  If the FBI and CIA won't even protect an American's life from a terrorist group everyone's life is at risk in this entire nation and I'm just one of the first victims before they resort to open murder of whoever for whatever their evil end is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...