Objectivism Online Forum

Hullo...

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I've lurked around a little bit, and thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm not an Objectivist (because I'm an ex-atheist), but I still like a lot of Ayn Rand's economic ideas and look forward to talking about them. I don't have a lot of time to spend on the computer, so I may not be around much, but hopefully I can participate in at least a few discussions.

Welcome to the forum. You say were an atheist. I'm curious if you were ever also an Objectivist, or nearly so.

You mention Ayn Rand's economic ideas. What about her ideas in Ethics. Would you say that you're mostly agree that altruism is good, or that it isn't?

Don't mean to grill you in an introductory thread; I'm just curious.

Welcome :thumbsup: I don't think being theist will cause any problem around here... as long as you don't try to push those beliefs on anyone :lol:

I'd rather have a pro-capitalist theist on my side over an anti-capitalist theist anyday, so participate away :sorcerer:

Welcome :thumbsup: I don't think being theist will cause any problem around here... as long as you don't try to push those beliefs on anyone :sorcerer:

Yep. If we threw people out because they hold beliefs we do not I think David would be the only member.

Hi guys,

I've lurked around a little bit, and thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm not an Objectivist (because I'm an ex-atheist), but I still like a lot of Ayn Rand's economic ideas and look forward to talking about them. I don't have a lot of time to spend on the computer, so I may not be around much, but hopefully I can participate in at least a few discussions.

Welcome to the boards.

I doubt that many people here would have too much of a problem with you being an ex-atheist. You are willing to look into Objectivist philosophy, willing to exercise enough thought to consider some ofMiss Rands points. Its a good start, and Im sure those here will give you as much respect as those beleifs we share earn.