Objectivism Online Forum

JZ Says Hello

Rate this topic

Hello,

I posted once or twice already, but I think it's time to make my entrance to this community formal.

My name is Jacob Zeise, I recently moved to Phoenix from Green Bay, WI. I am 21 and have been reading Rand for about 8 years. I have had the pleasure of reading countless op-eds from the Ayn Rand Institute, and some works by Peikoff. I've considered myself to be an Objectivist for several years, but it's taken a while to iron out some of the major contradictions between my philosophy and actions.

It's been about a week since I first found this forum, and now I feel like a kid in a candy store. This is great.

JZ

Well well, Mr. Zeise - we meet again. :thumbsup:

Greetings, Objectivism Online. My name is Anthony, age 20; unlike Jacob not so nonchalant about my last name. But from the time I've known him in Green Bay, he's alright - you two will be very happy, I'm sure. While not an Objectivist per se (I prefer Constitutional Capitalist) I no doubt enjoy a good steel to steel debate - hopefully his challenging me to this place will result in a many a fine tet-a-tet with him. I trust he wouldn't have led me here if someone as caustic, abrasive and bullheaded as I would be a problem -- right Jake?

Edited by Volpex

Welcome, FeatherFall and Volpex.

If you really want to debate a point, you may want to propose a debate in that forum.

As for tact: stay away from crude language and ad hominem attacks. If you disagree with someone's ideas, attack the ideas, not the person. Emotionalism is not a valid basis for argument.

If you want caustic, abrasive, and bullheaded, read some of my posts: I have skirted the line of being a bit too strident a few times, they should give you an idea of what is and is not permissable.

It's true, we don't have to debate with each other. But we can't "me too" each other on a forum for learning about Objectivism. His ego is too healthy for that, and I'm here to expand my knowledge Objectivism and sharpen my pen. So, I think debate will be fun... Once we find the right topic. We could debate who is the greatest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (I say Donatello :dough:, or Usagi Yojimbo if were talking additional characters) but this wouldn't be the right place.

[...](I prefer Constitutional Capitalist) [...]

If I can take this literally, I would like to say that that is simply a steping-stone to recognizing one's self as an Objectivist. There are quite a few of steps between here and there however.

For right now, I say "Welcome" to the forum and "Good Luck" with the inner battle you might come to which, from my observations, alot of us have edured. A good amount of bullheadedness will come in handy later.

Welcome!

If I can take this literally, I would like to say that that is simply a steping-stone to recognizing one's self as an Objectivist. There are quite a few of steps between here and there however.

For right now, I say "Welcome" to the forum and "Good Luck" with the inner battle you might come to which, from my observations, alot of us have edured. A good amount of bullheadedness will come in handy later.

Welcome!

Thank you. That's what Featherfall tells me, at least - that he'll have corrupted me into an Objectivist within 3 years. :D