Objectivism Online Forum

New Quote Feature

Rate this topic

I love the new quote feature on the main bar at the top...I've been sitting here refreshing the page over & over to read more.    :D

Good stuff.  :D

Ah! so, it was you bringing the system to its knees <ahttp://forum.objectivismonline.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'> (just kidding). But, look at this post (link) for a better way to see the quotes.

As a web admin myself, I should have know better. :D

I've resigned myself to simply reading them every time I click on a new topic/page.

Edit: Thanks for the link...I've seen GC's site before & enjoyed the quotes, but I like that they're here now, as I spend lots of time here & little time there.

Edited by rob.sfo

• 1 year later...

Those Heinlein quotes are amazing. I read Stranger in a Strange Land quite a while ago and I've read several of his short stories, and I just don't remember such rationality coming from him. Where did Heinlein say those things? I am assuming it came from some of his works published after Stranger.

Those Heinlein quotes are amazing. I read Stranger in a Strange Land quite a while ago and I've read several of his short stories, and I just don't remember such rationality coming from him. Where did Heinlein say those things? I am assuming it came from some of his works published after Stranger.

Stranger is one of the more unusual works by him. It's clearly a jest on some levels, although its hard to say just where Heinlein is serious - probably intentionally so. Heinlein had to censor his radical ideas throughout his lifetime, and this was one of the ways he smuggled them in.

All quotes by Heinlein:

http://quotes.rationalmind.net/random.php?...20A.%20Heinlein