Objectivism Online Forum

Demographics: Member Geographical Location

Rate this topic

Since it has been a while, I just updated the US and non-US lists.Here's a summary, of US states where we have 10 or more members telling us they're from the state...

State Members
California 91
Texas 51
Florida 43
New York 43
Washington 29
Michigan 26
Ohio 24
Pennsylvania 22
Colorado 22
Virginia 21
Illinois 18
New Jersey 16
Arizona 16
Minnesota 14
North Ccarolina 12
Georgia 12
Mass 11
Indiana 10
Oregon 10
Connecticut 10
Edited by softwareNerd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why not put those demographic tables up somewhere else if so many people are interested, like maybe somewhere on the main site, so they do not have to dig into this thread to read it. Also would it be possible to read that information right of the forums member profiles table or such?

The forum software allows you to search for members in a particular Country or State. Go to the member screen, and click the button that says "Toggle More Options...". When you click on that, the system presents all sorts of search criteria. You'll see country and state, among the others. Check out New Zealand and see who else is from there.

I'm not sure if there's much interest in having the complete list; but it would definitely be possible to write a simple PHP script generate the entire list dynamically. If someone wants to volunteer, and if GreedyCapitalist thinks having it is a good idea, I can help by providing the SQL that one would need to plug in to it.

BTW, there's also a Map (not integrated with the forum software) for those who want to add themselves to that.

The forum software allows you to search for members in a particular Country or State. Go to the member screen, and click the button that says "Toggle More Options...". When you click on that, the system presents all sorts of search criteria. You'll see country and state, among the others. Check out New Zealand and see who else is from there.

I'm not sure if there's much interest in having the complete list; but it would definitely be possible to write a simple PHP script generate the entire list dynamically. If someone wants to volunteer, and if GreedyCapitalist thinks having it is a good idea, I can help by providing the SQL that one would need to plug in to it.

BTW, there's also a Map (not integrated with the forum software) for those who want to add themselves to that.

I had forgotten you could do the former, and OK that is quite nice.

Yes, the PHP code would not tricky, in fact I could probably type something up myself I suppose, if enough other people are really that interested in such a presentation of those figures (I am not really sure if it would be very many myself, as you imply, quite possibly not enough to warrant it).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...