Objectivism Online Forum

Central/Upstate New York Local Forum

Rate this topic

Hey everyone, just thought David's idea of a local forum was good and thought it would be good to start one for my area.

Yesterday I went to Andrew Bernstein's talk at Colgate in Hamilton, NY, one hour southeast of Syracuse. The talk was titled "Religion vs. Morality" and was pretty good. I purchased a copy of Cap Man and got it autographed, lol. Anyway, who else but one strange tree lives in this area?

• 2 years later...
Sadly, no. In an auditorium that could easily fit 200, I would say about 30 people showed up. However, I don't know what was expected, nor what Colgate's student body's philosophical leanings are.

If you go to Auburn, and then 1 1/2 to 2 hours south of there (roughly) to a little town called Elmira, that's where I live...so it's nice to see that there is someone other than a Democrat living in this State, <_<

If you go to Auburn, and then 1 1/2 to 2 hours south of there (roughly) to a little town called Elmira, that's where I live...so it's nice to see that there is someone other than a Democrat living in this State, :lol:

Hi Prosperity. Do you know where a small hick town called Penn Yan is? It's about 45 minutes from Elmira. Thats where I reside.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Prosperity. Do you know where a small hick town called Penn Yan is? It's about 45 minutes from Elmira. Thats where I reside.

Yes, I do. I know the County Clerk and her husband up there :)

It's beautiful.

Funny that you say "hick town". I thought that that described my town. :lol:

The land is beautiful until you've lived here for the entirety of your near 20 year life. Sometimes I still like to go up on hills and look at the lake. It's beautiful, but I'd rather there be a skyline.

• 4 weeks later...
I live about fifteen miles outside a tiny town called Wellsville. It's cool seeing someone that lives as close as Elmira.

No kidding. I too think it's cool to have other people on an objectivist forum naming towns that are in relatively close proximity. Maybe we should all go out bowling together :lol:

Seriously, it is neat though.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...