Objectivism Online Forum

Looking For Pro-capitalist Musicians

Rate this topic

$$$

• 2 months later...

Wow, some replies.

I'm using Cubase now to record. Still getting used to it.

The recording on Mediocrity really is that bad, and drum machines are terrible (hense the need for a real drummer!).

I'm looking to do my own thing, which is I think, similar to a Rush/Genesis type of thing.

If you guys have any links to your own playing, please let me know! Thanks.

actually sound engineers would be welcome too.

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you guys need some really good drums, get Propellerhead's Reason. The included drums are pretty good, but the addition of a ReFill - Reason Drum Kits 2.0 (click here for sound examples)- will get you some very powerful, natural-sounding drums.

I've been using Reason since it was first released and am awaiting - finally! - for the arrival of my 3.0 upgrade discs from Stockholm.

Sequencing the drums is one thing, but I can offer some tips for making them sound more natural. Maybe not enough to fool a real drummer, but enough to sound less sequenced.

Oh, yeah ... I listened to the mp3s, $$$. I particularly enjoyed "Success IS Good" and "Sun Sets On False Guilt" ... I'm a sucker for odd-meter prog rock! If I were a singer, drummer, or bass player I'd be glad to work with you. I assume you're a keyboardist, and so am I.

You might find some bass & drummer leads, though, at the ProgSounds Forums.

Hn. I sing. And, if it's any use, I play flute and clarinet, and some piano.

I'm trying to get a new microphone to use for my laptop but at the moment I am woefully equipped with a cheap peice of crap. :P

I'll link to some of my stuff as soon as I upload it.

I also do web design and I love logo design. I'm sure that could be of use.

• 3 weeks later...
... now I just work for a pro-capitalist music store.
Hmm! I never knew that music store were pro-capitalist. What does that mean? Are they selective about genre? artist?

I've noticed quite a few members here who are musicians, even if not professional. There must be an oppotunity in that somehow.

• 7 months later...

Selfish bump because of S's great music. In particular, I love "Sun Sets On False Guilt" (actually listening to it right now). I don't know much about progressive rock... can anyone direct me to other bands (particularly those that provide samples, akin to $)?