Objectivism Online Forum

Hello, Neighbors!

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in the Bay Area (East Bay) and moved back here in '99. Lived in Noe Valley, the Upper Haight, & SOMA. Moved out of the city this past summer to Pleasant Hill.

Yes, the Haight IS as hippy a neighborhood as people give it credit for. :D

Yes, the Haight IS as hippy a neighborhood as people give it credit for. :D

Yeah, but they have great shoe stores! And the Pork Store Cafe. yumm.

I think it's kind of funny that the intersection of Haight & Ashbury has stores as commercial as The Gap and Ben & Jerry's. You'll know Objectivism is winning when... businesses capitalize on the anti-capitalist!

Yes, the Haight IS as hippy a neighborhood as people give it credit for. :ninja:

Not this Haight. :D

I grew up in the south bay, San Jose, then went to San Diego for college from 89-93, then came back.

I wouldn't touch San Francisco with a ten-foot pole, though. On the basis of 30+ years of experience I have yet to come up with a single good reason to go there.

That's unfortunate. I love this city! True, you get a lot of wacky types, but they're easy to ignore.

Well, that's the nice thing about freedom. I don't like San Francisco, but I don't have to go there, so I don't. You like it, and you want to live there, and you do. We both win.

• 2 months later...
Post back with your location and a little bit about yourself.

I live right here in the city--in Sunset, which is a much hipper neighborhood than people give it credit for. :P

I'm a student @ SFSU and am on a mission to find the best burger in San Francisco.

Hi there :dough:

I live in Santa Clara (right next to San Jose). I just moved here in September, and I look forward to meeting more Objectivists. My husband and I just moved away from our friends and family, so it would be nice to meet more people. I'll give you an update later on a good burger place, because I don't know the name off the top of my head. If you like German food, there's a restaurant called Suppenkuche that's really good! http://tinyurl.com/d9e4b

If anyone knows a good Chinese place in Santa Clara, please let me know. I've been craving some good Chinese :D

-Faye

• 4 years later...