Objectivism Online Forum

The Art Of Fiction

Rate this topic

Michero

Well I figured there could be just general talk about this book which I must say is one of the prides of my bookshelf.

Anyway I have kind of a very specific question about the text if anyone has read it and can remember:

I believe when talking about plot or plot-theme Rand makes mention of a plot in which a lawyer must prosecute the woman he loves....I believe this is in Art of Fiction. Can anyone tell me where in the text this is because I can't find it and I am writing a story that has a plot somewhat similar to that and I'd like to re-read that passage but can't fin it in the text anywhere.

Thanks

Anyway I have kind of a very specific question about the text if anyone has read it and can remember:

I believe when talking about plot or plot-theme Rand makes mention of a plot in which a lawyer must prosecute the woman he loves....I believe this is in Art of Fiction. Can anyone tell me where in the text this is because I can't find it and I am writing a story that has a plot somewhat similar to that and I'd like to re-read that passage but can't fin it in the text anywhere.

Thanks

It's on page 57 of The Art of Fiction, in the chapter How to Develop a Plot Ability, section Think in Terms of Conflict. Evidently this was the plot of the Cecil B. DeMille movie, Manslaughter.