Objectivism Online Forum

Nutrition For Bodybuilders

Rate this topic

Inspector

I'd recommend JOHN Little's book, or Mike Mentzer to start. Definitely avoid volume training if your goal is to add muscle. Think heavier weights LESS reps. But I don't want this thread to turn into one of those controversial "Training method" threads...

As for "supertaster," I think this covers it: http://www.prevention.com/article/0,5778,s...-3626-1,00.html

So veggies are nasty, wine tastes like cough syrup, and artificial sweetners taste like petrochemicals. :D

I've so far mostly been doing the "just don't eat" method to deal with mornings, but I'm told it's terrible for me as I'm basically starving myself which is bad in general and terrible for bodybuilding. So we'll see if that method you outlined works to help me get to sleep on time. It's worth a shot anyway.

Holy hell that's a lot of protein! I doubt I came close to that except for when I was on my "weight gain 3000" phase. Which did put on muscle but also a lot of fat. :) I was positively ILL eating that much food. (We're talking weight gain powder shakes with peanut butter, honey, flax oil, fruit taken twice daily with huge meals and cheeseburgers and... ugh)

Ughh, I rember those days. Eating was worse than the gym. "come on, one more bite!". I hope your spreading those calories out as much as possible. I recall the maximum one can really utilize at a single intake is like 40 grams of protein. Youll just be wasting the rest. Incidentally. Why the hell are you eating 300 grams. If one is eating 1 gram per pound of desired body weight a day your shooting for 300? I hope your tall! I was 225 at 6' with approx 10 percent body fat and I hated having to eat all day long.

What the.... I just realized this thread is from 2005 lol ah well.