Objectivism Online Forum

ARI Event In Dallas

Rate this topic

Dismuke

I received the following email today from ARI announcing a free "State of ARI" presentation in Dallas. I have reproduced the email below which provides the details.

I saw Dr. Brook give a similar presentation in April at the Ayn Rand Centennial event in New York City and I found it to be VERY impressive and even inspiring. Dr. Brook has a very specific and well thought out strategy for changing the culture - and I walked out of the talk feeling very upbeat with hope that some very significant and wonderful cultural changes might even occur within my lifetime. If you live near the area and can make it to the event that Sunday evening, I guarantee you that it will be very much worth your while to attend.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Dear ARI Contributor:

This year marks the 100th Anniversary of Ayn Rand's birth, and the 20th Anniversary of the Ayn Rand Institute. Every day brings more successes for ARI in its efforts to advance Ayn Rand's ideas in the culture.

Executive Director Yaron Brook regularly presents the "State of ARI" at various locations across the country. These inspiring talks present ARI's most recent accomplishments and a preview as to what we have planned for the coming year. Dr. Brook also demonstrates how all of the Institute's programs are integrated to the goal of achieving a real, lasting cultural impact.

Attendees gain a better understanding of ARI and its programs, and the inspiration that comes from knowing that ARI's mission can and will be achieved.

I'd like to invite you to one of these special free ARI events to be held in Dallas. Details are as follows:

When: 7:30 pm Sunday, November 6, 2005

Where: Double Tree Hotel Campbell Centre

8250 North Central Express Way

Dallas, TX 75206

(214) 691-8700

For a map and directions, click on the link below.

http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/ind...ctyhocn=DFWCNDT

We also encourage you to bring any guests who you think might be interested in Ayn Rand and the work of the Institute. We look forward to seeing you!

Sincerely,

Mark Chapman

Vice President of Development

- - - - - - -

P.S. to Board administrators: The Invision Power Board software would not let me type "ARI" in the subject title - it automatically changed it to "Ari". I am not sure if the later versions (by which I mean versions newer than the ancient version I use on my website) of the software have a setting that allow one to overide that or not. I can think of a number of other instances where people might have simliar difficulties with post titles referring to presidents such as FDR, JFK, LBJ or which mention any of a number of government agencies .

(See this post. - sNerd)

Edited by softwareNerd

What the?

I guess I haven't been giving enough to ARI lately to get this message.

Well, I think part of it is they think "Dismuke" is a really cool name which makes me kind of speci.....ummmm........well..........not really! ;)

Actually, I have found that the easiest way for me to get around to making a donation to ARI is to take advantage of the option where a certain amount can be automatically transferred each month from one's checking account. That way, I don't even have to think about doing it other than filling out the initial paperwork. Simply pick an amount that you feel comforatable with each month and over a year's time it adds up. Such contributions also help ARI in that all of them combined give the organization a certain amount of monthly cash flow that they can pretty much count on being there.

Edited by Dismuke

Well, I think part of it is they think "Dismuke" is a really cool name which makes me kind of speci.....ummmm........well..........not really!
So you're saying David Gulbraa didn't mail me personally? Well my bubble is burst.
Actually, I have found that the easiest way for me to get around to making a donation to ARI is to take advantage of the option where a certain amount can be automatically transferred each month from one's checking account. That way, I don't even have to think about doing it other than filling out the initial paperwork. Simply pick an amount that you feel comforatable with each month and over a year's time it adds up. Such contributions also help ARI in that all of them combined give the organization a certain amount of monthly cash flow that they can pretty much count on being there.

I agree. $10 a month for most people won't be missed and the autodraft is gone. One other way to donate is the Atlas Legacy Program. Putting the ARI into your will or listing them as a 401k beneficiary is actually pretty easy. Or, in my case, I took some of a windfall and bought an insurance policy and made them one of the beneficiaries. My family is already covered with my other insurance, and quite frankly it's a way for me to make a substantial contribution to ARI to finally pay them for all the great services and ideas I've "purchased" from them over the years. Though I do kid that ARI wants me dead now. :)