Objectivism Online Forum

Another D20 Project...

Rate this topic

Prometheus98876

The Rational d20 thread has inspired me to recommence work on my own d20Modern Project (though I had the idea for this project months ago, before Kane had this Rational d20 idea :dough: ), one that I have currently given the the patch-up name of Techscape until a I decide on something better and further develop the concepts involved so that I can know what might be more fitting.

One of the changes I am making to the system is changing the alignment system to be more, ie redefining good so it does not go on about altruism being good. I am introducing futher robot rules, and tweaking the existing stuff, to allow more advanced robots at higher Progress Levels.

In my version, there is NO Arcana, no supernatural stuff at all. This might not be as marketable, but I want to make a game that is more reflective of my books setting, and one that I consider more realistic. And I want far less focus on killing monsters, my game will be more about challenges that are not killing stuff all the time.

This means I will be expanding the XP system as well to allow for this sort of thing, Im not sure how I will do this yet, but I am starting to have some interesting ideas.

Does anyone have anything to add?

Edited by Prometheus98876

The Rational d20 thread has inspired me to recommence work on my own d20Modern Project (though I had the idea for this project months ago, before Kane had this Rational d20 idea :lol: ), one that I have currently given the the patch-up name of Techscape until a I decide on something better and further develop the concepts involved so that I can know what might be more fitting.

One of the changes I am making to the system is changing the alignment system to be more, ie redefining good so it does not go on about altruism being good. I am introducing futher robot rules, and tweaking the existing stuff, to allow more advanced robots at higher Progress Levels.

In my version, there is NO Arcana, no supernatural stuff at all. This might not be as marketable, but I want to make a game that is more reflective of my books setting, and one that I consider more realistic. And I want far less focus on killing monsters, my game will be more about challenges that are not killing stuff all the time.

This means I will be expanding the XP system as well to allow for this sort of thing, Im not sure how I will do this yet, but I am starting to have some interesting ideas.

Does anyone have anything to add?

Well I believe that unlike my system your system can get away without the Arcana stuff, being sci-fi as oppsoed to my fantasy. of course some of the monsters could be converted to aliens easily.

My system is also based on my books so it does have Arcana type stuff of course.

I assume you will still have the killing enemies option in your system? I like the idea of the option to do more, though i like the option of both. You know I was thinking of doing the same thing, but then you might recall that i was thinking of doing that with a previous d20 product idea.

I assume you will still have the killing enemies option in your system? I like the idea of the option to do more, though i like the option of both. You know I was thinking of doing the same thing, but then you might recall that i was thinking of doing that with a previous d20 product idea.

Of course. Killing enemies might not be a big part of my system, but still not one I will take out altogether. YOu will still be able to gain XP from defeating enemies, including in combat.

Check out indie-rpgs.com for advice about that. In fact, you and DragonMaci both would probably benefit from reading the articles, etc.

Thanks for the link, there is quite a lot of good stuff on that site, and it has given me somethings to chew over some more after my exams. Then I should actually have time to work on my roleplaying game, the programs I am supposed to be writing to help me do so..and working on my book some more.