Objectivism Online Forum

New Objectivism Nz Forum

Rate this topic

Prometheus98876

Despite my earlier plans to code my own forum, I have decided to take the more realistic approach of using an existing Forum template. Due to lack of funds at the moment I have gone with a free forum system (that and I dont have a credit card) and lack of relevant coding experience, for the time being. Later I might use something like the Invision Board system that this site uses.

The forum is called Objectivism NZ, but this does not mean it is any less open to international Objectivists! It is not meant to replace this site, but it is primarily meant as a focus point for New Zealand Objectivists / those interested in Objectivism and as a supplement to this site.

Anyone can come and take a look at it if they want and even join. At the moment I am still setting it up, so there is not a lot there. But if anyone wants to join anyway they can. And I would appreicate it if anyone wants to apply to become an Mod/Admin in order to help me maintain the thing.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what they think I should put on my forum (eg categories etc) please feel free to pass such thoughts on to me. I hope at least some of you have a look, I will do my best to make it worth your while as soon as I can.

Edited by Prometheus98876

Cool! Forgive me if I'm clueless, but what's the URL?

I look forward to reading an Obejctivist/Kiwi outlook on life!

I realised five minutes after I made the post that I did not give the URL! Opps! But then I dediced to hold out on posting it until I set up a little bit more of the site. Well now I think I have done a bare minimum of this (I have sections set out for discussion of the basics such as Metaphysics, and a few other sections), so you can go to the link below and join, you might be the second member if you do it quickly enough. <_< .

Objectivism NZ

you can go to the link below and join, you might be the second member if you do it quickly enough. <_< .

Objectivism NZ

Cool! Since my PhD project involves some specific organisms from NZ and I spent six months there, I'm very interested in this country. I'd love to move there someday!

I'll have to brush up a bit on my Kiwi news. Can you suggest any good sites? I usually go the the NZ Herald. Are there any alternatives you suggest?

Where are you located, again? In Auckland?

Cool! Since my PhD project involves some specific organisms from NZ and I spent six months there, I'm very interested in this country. I'd love to move there someday!

I'll have to brush up a bit on my Kiwi news. Can you suggest any good sites? I usually go the the NZ Herald. Are there any alternatives you suggest?

Where are you located, again? In Auckland?

I usually search through a few sites for local news, try these ones, they are some of the best. If not, I can find some others:

NZ New Site

Another NZ News Site

I am in Auckland, yes. Your account in Objectivism NZ should be properly setup now. Would you like any administrative roles? I was thinking you might like to look after the Life Sciences section perhaps? If so, do you have any preference as to what your special group (consisting only of you, certantly as this stage), should be called?

• 2 months later...

This site no longer exists. It was done using phpbb, which I now consider an inferior forum option. Especially since I now have access to a Invision Board forum (Invision Board the sort of forum this is as Im sure most of you will have noticed).

So until I make the Invision Board version, the ObjectivismNZ forum no longer exists in any form. I will start the Invision Board system soon, and I will put the link here. I will also link a Kiwi Wiki to it too I think.