Objectivism Online Forum

What Happened To The Quotes At The Top?

Rate this topic

You can! I cannot. Hmmm... I could see it earlier --at work, using Firefox. I do not see them now, with IE. Will check on my other machine.

Added: Nope! I don't see them in Firefox either.

Edited by softwareNerd

I updated the forum software last night, which may have broken them, but I can see the quotes now.

Did those updates happen to fix the odd mistakes I have seen in the quotes from time to time? Mistakes like a stray '/' or such in places they most definetly do not belong. Or was that perhaps an obscure browser error on my end?

• 2 months later...
So have the ads replaced our beloved quotes? Will they return in any capacity.

Look at the very bottom of the forum. GC moved them there. I guess rising costs forced him to add a banner add. I will miss the old layout.

Edit: Is there any way the banner could be moved to the bottom of the page? It kind of ruins the layout. Just a thought.

Edited by Myself

How so? I don't think it looks that bad.

I may move the quotes back up, if I can squeeze them in somewhere.

I have nothing against ads. But practically deleting the quotes for that was not a good idea.

I think that making the top banner bigger, you could put the quotes back there and have the ad shown. I'd really like to see them again.

I may move the quotes back up, if I can squeeze them in somewhere.

If you do move them back up, please take care to avoid an old problem. It used to be that the longer quotes sometimes overlapped the options:

"Blogs Live Chat Help Search Members Calendar". When they did, the options covered up could not be used.