Objectivism Online Forum

Hello

Rate this topic

JMeganSnow

I know there are a few members from Ohio here, and I mainly asked David to start this forum because I'm curious about local politics (which I know nothing about) that probably won't interest the general board population too much.

Since I'm already a moderator, I'll moderate this board it that's all right.

Post if you're from Ohio!

I know there are a few members from Ohio here, and I mainly asked David to start this forum because I'm curious about local politics (which I know nothing about) that probably won't interest the general board population too much.
What can I say: we have a convicted criminal serving as governor, a drunk driver on the Supreme Court, an extreme leftist in the US House, Mike DeWine as senator, and a really scarey new constitutional amendment supposedly against gay marriage but actually much more open-ended than that. Plus it's against the law to breast-feed in Dayton, or to fish for whales on Sunday. Unless those web-pages are full of b*llsh@ft. On the positive side, the voters decided not to repeal the First Amendment. The other good news is that voters did not generally vote for Kerry, though that is counterbalanced by the bad news that they did vote for Bush.

The funny part is that I know of at least half a dozen members from Ohio.

There do seem to be quite a few people on here from Ohio. My fiancee goes to Bowling Green and her family (literally, her entire extended family) lives in Wauseon, just about half an hour from Toledo.

• 3 weeks later...
There do seem to be quite a few people on here from Ohio. My fiancee goes to Bowling Green and her family (literally, her entire extended family) lives in Wauseon, just about half an hour from Toledo.

EXTREME SARCASM ALERT

Funny thing is Ohio, and Michigan went to war way back in the day. Michigan won, and got the Upper Pennisula, Ohio lost and got Toledo.

Maybe I got that backwards.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...