Objectivism Online Forum

The Irony!

Rate this topic

Samoht

It was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud when I read this (I would have but I'm in a library during finals.) Not because the topic is funny, but I find irony hilarious.

"BERLIN — European Union leaders will address the Iranian president's denial of the Holocaust as a "myth," Germany's foreign minister said Thursday, warning that patience is running out with Tehran.

The German government has condemned the remarks by Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and called on the United Nations as well as the European Union to follow suit."

And if anyone should know, it's the Germans. :)

Here's the rest of the story.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,178787,00.html

Also - Mein Kampf sold over 500,000 Arabic copies. The only surprise is that there are 500,000 literate Islamo-fascists on the planet.

One does not have to be a fascist to read "My Struggle" by Adolf Hitler. I have read more than half of it; and I certainly do not agree with it.

One does not have to be a fascist to read "My Struggle" by Adolf Hitler. I have read more than half of it; and I certainly do not agree with it.

That's true. It was in my High School library. I would have done a report on it; that's if I was in the habbit of completing assignments when I was in high school.

Also - Mein Kampf sold over 500,000 arabic copies. The only surpise is that there are 500,000 literate Islamofacists on the planet.

That is pretty true considering the illiteracy rates in Arabic countries. The illiteracy does help the mullahs keep control. It worked for the Catholic church in Europe but then we (for the most part) tossed of the shackles many hundreds of years ago. Of course, the obligatory "bomb them back to the middle ages" comment though nice misses the point: they are already there. Maybe it should be "bomb them out of the stone age."

• 1 month later...
I'll be fully interested to see if Germany actually does anything about this. I'd hate to think that they're all talk and no action.

I wouldn't put much stock in them doing anything based on their recent behavior. They are pretty tightly in line with the welfare-statist mentality of the rest of Western Europe, such a mentality makes for linguini spined cowards where real leadership is needed. The Ghost of Immanuel Kant still haunts the land of poets and philosophers, and he demands piety and humility. :nuke: