Objectivism Online Forum

The 2006 NFL Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

Here's to the celebration of people who work hard to get really, really good at what they do. Here's a Thomas Bowden piece on football.

And here's to the Pats and Redskins tomorrow, and the Bengals and Giants on Sunday! To borrow a phrase from Felipe, Pats all the way, baby.

Am I the only football fan on here?? :thumbsup: [/lonely]

Oh well. Go Pats!

Hell no, but the Lions just really bummed me out about football this year. That said, I am looking forward to the Pats/Broncos game tonight and a history-making Patriot three-peat in a few week at Ford Field! They've had me as a fan since the night 4 years ago when I was flipping through the channel's one cold night and ended up getting to watch the last quarter of the infamous "Snow Bowl". What a finish.

I remember enjoying that game at home during a big party. The whole house went nuts when the tuck rule thrust itself into the limelight. As for the Lions, yikes. Some program on ESPN awhile ago showed a picture of a billboard that said (I don't remember the exact year), "Rebuilding since 1957." :thumbsup:

Time to root for the Colts. I like Peyton Manning and hope he finally gets to win one. The guy is top notch, I'd hate to see him go the way of Marino.

Don't feel too bad for Marino, he's better looking. :P

Seriously, I have no dog in this hunt, so I don't care who wins. Just hoping for good football.

I really thought the Pats might go all the way again this year, but it was not to be.

EC, you must be bumming every year. I'd like to see the Lions break through some time.

Lionwise, this year is the worst because of all the pre-season hype. We were supposed to have all this young talent (3 wide-receivers taken in the top 10, an awesome you RB, A QB taken third in the draft entering his forth<read--break-out year> and a three-time Pro-Bowler backing him up, along with other upgrades and a decent defense) and yet we were worse.

This is your average Lions fan on any given Sunday in any given season-----> :P

Edited by EC

This is your average Lions fan on any given Sunday in any given season-----> :P

I heard Mike Ditka's analysis of the Lions. According to him they didn't build where they had to, their offensive line. The heart of any football team is the offensive and defensive lines. Also, there seemed to be a lack of discipline on the team, which gets back to the coaching staff. If you had a Bill Parcels, you know he wouldn't put up with anything like that.

From the outside looking in, and since I'm a Rams fan, I think they were trying to mimic the 1999 Rams, but the Rams had Marshall Falk, and a pretty good offensive line to go with four excellent wide outs. The Ram's had the atrocious defense, but they played well the year they won it all. Also, Kurt Warner was accurate and quick with releasing the ball. The QB in Detroit (name escapes me) may not have what it takes to be a good NFL QB. That's what I'm hearing from the "experts", but who knows how good they are. They were down on Drew Brees too, and look how good he's become!

Btw, regarding futility, the Cardinals are worse. IIRC, a few years back they won their first playoff game since, now check this, 1943 (or somewhere in there). So, just be glad they aren't your team!

• 1 month later...

Well, interesting super bowl. What'd people think? I'm a die-hard packer fan, so I can't make fun of anyone here (except Pats fun, but I just generally hate the patriots.) I was SOOOO happy when Denver crushed them.

Who do you think is in it for next year?

my picks

NFC-

Seahawks

Packers (just cause I have to...)

Carolina

Redskins

Bears

Bucs

AFC-

Broncos

Steelers

Colts