Objectivism Online Forum

Gore's Comments In Saudi Arabia

Rate this topic

Everytime Al Gore opens his mouth, I thank my lucky stars that this man didn't become our President. Not only is he now travelling to Saudi Arabia to attack this country, but he's doing it in a manner that fans the flames of Muslim fundamentalism and ultimately makes it more difficult for our military men and women to defend this country. It's really too bad that the Bush Admin. didn't revoke his visa before he could return from Saudi Arabia.

Some excerpts from an article about Gore's speech:

CNSNews.com - A speech in which former Vice President Al Gore told a mostly Saudi audience that the U.S. had committed "terrible abuses" against Arabs after 9/11 continues to make waves, with critics calling the remarks disloyal and "inappropriate during a time of war."

Some also challenged Gore's reported assertion that "thoughtless" U.S. visa policies towards Arabs were playing into al Qaeda's hands. The most serious questions, however, involved Gore's decision to criticize his country's policies while abroad -- at a time when Muslim feelings against the West are running high.

Addressing the Jeddah Economic Forum, Gore said Sunday that after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, Arabs in America had been "indiscriminately rounded up, often on minor charges of overstaying a visa or not having a green card in proper order, and held in conditions that were just unforgivable."

For the entire article: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/viewstory.asp?...L20060214a.html

The only thing that surprises me about this is the fact that it took him this long to pull a pseudo-1960s stunt like this. The man can't be out of his gourd because he never had a dang gourd to begin with, whether he's shooting off insanely absurd yet somewhat intelligable populist rants at AFL-CIO rallies or doing his hell-fire and brimstone preacher routine in southern black churches, the man is certifiable. What is absolutely troubling is the fact that 48% of people who voted in 2000 supported this guy (he's even crazier than Ralph Nader, which I thought was not possible). Call the looney bin quick. (w00t):nuke::stuart::alien::santa:B):ninja::zorro::pirate: