Objectivism Online Forum

Time Management

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I sometimes will write out all the things I want to accomplish in that day and then just dive in. Just start with one thing at a time and really try to focus on just that one thing first. Give that one task 110% until you complete it. Then after you are done move onto the next task. I used to think about all the things I needed to get done and would then be overwhelmed since there were so many things to do. Now I just do one thing at a time and if I dont finish some of the things on my list, there is always tomorrow. hope this helps

I recommend the book "Getting Things Done", by David Allen.

I found that one time management obstacle was worrying or getting diverted by one project while working on another. "Getting Things Done" has almost completely cured me of this.

This book has other strengths as well. It also has some weaknesses -- it is not a thorough time management instruction book, but rather, a book which details a system in which your particular time management principles may be practised efficiently.

It's a rather compact book, so rather than try to describe it -- perhaps unsuccessfully, I'll just recommend it and leave it at that.