Objectivism Online Forum

Post Break Up Blues

Rate this topic

Dear all,

I had been going around with this guy and the relationship has ended now.There is no chance of reconciliation now and so I need to accept the fact that the relationship had ended.The guy has problems and says that he feels he is not good enough for me and feels inferior.Such problems have occuerrd and may mini break-ups when I always eneded up convincing him that he does not have to think so much negative and this time I wanted to not get him back when he runs away.I accepted his decision and waited hoping that he will change his mind.He only came back after 2 days to return all my stuff.I do want to convince him again.But it looks like he is firm on this.I am going to respect his decision.

But this is my third relationship breaking.This time I was pretty sure that things will stay and in my perspective things were fine and I was happy with him and had invested a lot into the relationship.

But now that things are the way they are I need to take care of myself.I am doing things like analysing to learn from all the broken relationships and listening to music, getting books and keeping myself occupied.

Any more tips would be greatly appreciated.

I've found it helps to work on introducing some kind of change into your life, preferably of a social nature. Books and music are nice, but it doesn't help to closet yourself in the house too much. Why not go to museams, or treat yourself to a play or a fun class like cooking or fencing.

And remember, be honest with yourself about the things you have control over. It's very easy to think that it must be all your fault that you've broken up three times. I seriously doubt this. You might have done one or two things that in retrospect ticked off your partner, but that doesn't mean you were wrong to do them.

I've found it helps to work on introducing some kind of change into your life, preferably of a social nature. Books and music are nice, but it doesn't help to closet yourself in the house too much. Why not go to museams, or treat yourself to a play or a fun class like cooking or fencing.

And remember, be honest with yourself about the things you have control over. It's very easy to think that it must be all your fault that you've broken up three times. I seriously doubt this. You might have done one or two things that in retrospect ticked off your partner, but that doesn't mean you were wrong to do them.

Thanx :o