Objectivism Online Forum

1 Million Dollar Bounty On Cartoonists Head....

Rate this topic

Someone needs to kill these clerics before they start putting bounties on people's heads.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/prophet_drawing...zkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

I fully support killing any and all Clerics involved with the spread of the radical Islam that breeds the terrorists we are fighting, much as I would support patching up a leak in a levy rather than simply spending an eternity bailing water out without considering the source of the flood. We should make no distinction between terrorists, those whom harbor them, AND those whom inspire them. <_<

We should make no distinction between terrorists, those whom harbor them, AND those whom inspire them. :o

Well yes, we should. The whole free speech thing means that you shouldnt really be executing people for promoting radical Islam. Issuing a bounty is morally actionable however, since its a direct incitement to violence (compare someone saying "I hate black people", to someone telling his friend to murder a particular black person).

Edited by Hal

Well yes, we should. The whole free speech thing means that you shouldnt really be executing people for promoting radical Islam.

You should when the imams keep urginf their followers to kill the infidels. Doubly so when they offer a reward for killing particular infidels. In Western law, this is called soliciting murder. It's a felony. It is not free speech.

You should when the imams keep urginf their followers to kill the infidels. Doubly so when they offer a reward for killing particular infidels. In Western law, this is called soliciting murder. It's a felony. It is not free speech.

Yeah, thats what I said...

I think this cartoon fiasco is great because it exposes the true nature of fundamentalist Islam for everyone to see. Many will still ignore what is right in front of them, yet they can no longer say "we had no idea that these people could be so evil" when more attacks are launched in Europe or the US.