Objectivism Online Forum

Online Strategy Game

Rate this topic

erik

Hey I wanted to invite you gamers to join me in a free online strategy game. Its called ogame and you can check it out at www.ogame.org

Basically you start out with nothing and build up an empire with mines, fleets, etc. You can be peaceful or form alliances whatever you want. I have an Alliance called TLI that stands for Temple of Logic Insitute. Some of my enemies are the Communist Catholic alliance among others. There are about 7000 people in my Universe, which is Universe 3. If you have time and the interest, stop in and join my Alliance.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott,

Yes I saw that. Feel free to ask any questions either here or there. It starts off a bit slow with building some mines etc. but gets a bit more interesting when you have fleets and the constant threat of aggressive neighbors who want your stuff. :P We have bombarded some of the Communist Catholics into "vacation mode" so look out for retaliation from them.

Yes the server is indeed down. That's the first time its ever done that. I hopes its not just the US server because people play in the UK and in Europe too and I have fleets vulnerable right now. :)

Yes that is per hour. If you click on the picture of a particular mine it tells you how much it will put out per hour and how much energy it takes to run it at 100% capacity.

So far I think 6 people have joined from here. That's great. Here are some tips to get started. Build 7 metal mines with enough power plants to keep them at 100%. Then build crystal mines up to 6 or 7. Then start building Dueterium synthesizers. After that go for Robotic Factory Level 2 and then Shipyard. Looking at the Technology tree is key to planning out what to build which is a major part of the strategy. That and keeping the resources safe from predators while you are saving up. :)

And you made your first salvage mission. You need to research espionage probes next so you can find the best targets.

I have not heard of outpost. The original ogame was in Germany and then they came out with an English speaking version. I found out about it from my brother in law who is from Poland.

How do I send a circular message?

Also, what should be my stategy right now? Im trying to build powerplants so I can build shipyards and attack people.

Question: When you talk about a planets recources, are those the recources the person in control of that planet has stored?

Ok thanks Jingles. For game info click the help button on the menu at the right. You should also look at www.ogametips.org

You send a Circular mail in the Alliance screen. You have to be an Ensign to do so which everyone should be that has points.

To start off build 7 metal plants, and then 7 crystal plants, and enough deuterium plants to build shipyards. All the while building enough power plants to sustain growth. After that there are lots of options but I recommend building small transports and salvaging from inactive planets. :)