Objectivism Online Forum

Online Strategy Game

Rate this topic

erik

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are worth it for 1-7 planets. The further you get away from the Star the less good they do. Colder planets produce more Deuterium though so Fusion plants do more good.

You guys are doing a good job. ;)

Thanks :). Got my first espionage probes, used them on the closest people I could. Sent a fleet against a guy called Winston Smith (Guess what his planet was called, just guess) purely out of spite (His gigantic amount of resources and one missile launcher helped).

One thing that bothers me though: The FAQ keeps stressing that any play can destroy any other player no matter how much defense they have or how many ships they have in orbit. What point is there to the game then?

Started up in universe 3 as well. Some things are anoying: not being able to use the "back" button for one.

Is there any way to see players stats (such as points) from the search window? Since only 1-1500 are ranked, how do I get info on the otehr 6000 guys in the universe?

Deut usage to look at the galaxy is killing me :)

mrock

Mrocktor, did you join the Alliance TLI. Sorry I have not checked here in awhile. You can only see 1-1500 yes but that makes scanning people a bit more interesting. I am rank 1070 or so and I got there in about 2 months. If I had started in a new Universe I would probaly be a top player right now. Maybe if they open up a new Universe we should all start fresh. It kind of irritates me that I am under constant threat for no other reason than because other people have been playing much longer than me.

It seems to be pretty random. Go ahead and send an application. We can help you out more if you are in the Alliance. Plus, if you are in an Alliance you are not as likely to get attacked. I and another player can bring some serious heat in retribution. We did have one guy attacked that I can't help with because the other player is under what they call "noob protection". When they come off of it though, its going to be painful for them. :)

I am participating and addicted. I have 75 points, in 4:273:10 and put in my application to join the TLI just now. I also have a second planet it universe 11. Planet name: Ability. Tag name: Shaner. I am building up my infrastructure now and should be able to help in attacks within 2 weeks. If anyone still needs to dump resources I will readily accept and put to work. I log on a couple times a day just to keep building mines and energy sources.

I'm located at 3:69:9 Planet Atlantis, user RationalEgoistSG. I have one colony, Caprica, at 3:70:6. I'm doing pretty well for myself but I've been doing so much raiding that I'm running out of inactive planets to get resources from! :pirate:

Lately I've been having an excess of metal, so anyone interested in trading some metal for crystal I'd be interested. I also think there's a lot more we could be doing as an alliance to be getting new players resources and setting up mutual defense. But, I and probably many others still have a long way to go in terms of building up fleets and such.

And yes, I'm addicted to!

Edited by RationalEgoistSG

Was accepted to the TLI alliance and getting rid of my second account.

Actually, not getting rid of my 2nd account. It is alright to have multiple accounts as long as they are not in the same universe. THis is actually pretty cool because I am applying two different strategies. Let me know if anyone has a planet in universe 11.

http://www.ogametips.com/133/question-i-ha...ts-what-do-i-do

If anyone needs resources let me or Patrucio know in game. In case I have not mentioned it I am Circulogi in the game. I have a planet in Universe 14 but I don't really have time to mess with it and I only have 500 pints there. I have almost 80,000 in Universe 3. Maybe as a carrot I can give resources as you make a higher rank. What do you guys think about that. Also, do you think anything needs to be changed on the Alliance page?

Maarten you need to go ahead and join too. If all of you guys stay active we will be a pretty impressive Alliance within a month. Just keep building stuff and raiding inactives for now. Right now Patrucio and I account for about 100K of the 125K points the Alliance has. If everyone gets an average of 30K in a month, which is possible, we will have about 420K total. That will put us in the top 100 Alliances and ahead of the dreaded Commucat. :)

it depends on how close you are to the star in a system . The closer the better with a max of 50. Temp has a lot to with it. Of course 1-3 planets generally are too small to be useful so stay away from them.