Objectivism Online Forum

Michael Jackson Is Building A Mosque

Rate this topic

Michael Jackson is building a mosque

Pop superstar Michael Jackson has sparked further speculation he is on the verge of converting to Islam, after pledging to erect a mosque in his adopted home of Bahrain.

I'd say he's on the verge of a rather painful suicide ... If they are ready to kill for a picture of Mohammed, imagine what the punishment must be for a whole damn mosque !

His wearing drag, or his being pilloried for it? (Or neither? :))

Both. As for the mosque construction, I'm all for a man spending his money on what he wants, but Jacko would do far better to spend that money building a mental treatment facility and checking himself in.

Michael Jackson is building a mosque

Better a mosque than a child care center!

BTW - Do you know why Michael Jackson is proof that America is such a great country? Where else but in America can a poor black boy grow up and become a rich white woman? :)

Jacko would do far better to spend that money building a mental treatment facility and checking himself in.

Do you know why Michael Jackson is proof that America is such a great country? Where else but in America can a poor black boy grow up and become a rich white woman? :fool:

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything while reading the replies! Difficult to get a replacement keyboard on a Sunday! ;)

• 4 months later...

I'm going to revive a long dead subject by posting here, but this is important to me. I don't find the subject of Michael Jackson's mental destruction to be funny at all. He was called "The king of pop" for a reason, his music had fire and soul, he was an amazing dancer and a very talented song writer. Ever listened to his early songs? ("Thriller", "Do you remember the time", "The way you make me feel", "black and white", "give in to me" and more). I am a big fan and I think what happened to him is very sad. And I also don't understand who or what got to him to cause such tremendous damage, but it must be something powerful and scary.

I agree with you, Ifat. I loved his music when I was a kid in the 80's. I remember being 3 or 4 years old, and my friend, who was a year or two older than me, had the thriller video-- but I was too scared to watch it! :) Also, in kindergarten or first grade, my class went to the local radio station (I grew up in a small town in Texas, and we had one radio station, "Shine All Nine"). The DJ asked if any of us had any requests.. He said, "we have anything you could possibly think of!" (expecting us to say something lame). So I said, "Do you have anything by Michael Jackson?" And he just gave me a look like, "where did you learn that dirty word?!" They didn't have anything. That was too edgy, I guess!

It's very sad what happened to him. I think some people laugh just to break the tension, because it's so disturbing-- which is understandable, and I laugh sometimes too, for that reason. But other people laugh because they hate him for being so successful, and it makes them happy to see someone who used to be great now totally broken. I wouldn't assume that of people on this message board, but I have seen it a lot in the general culture.

I'm going to revive a long dead subject by posting here, but this is important to me. I don't find the subject of Michael Jackson's mental destruction to be funny at all. He was called "The king of pop" for a reason, his music had fire and soul, he was an amazing dancer and a very talented song writer. Ever listened to his early songs? ("Thriller", "Do you remember the time", "The way you make me feel", "black and white", "give in to me" and more). I am a big fan and I think what happened to him is very sad. And I also don't understand who or what got to him to cause such tremendous damage, but it must be something powerful and scary.

• 2 months later...

It'sm hard for me to keep up with all of the pop stars' biographys and life stories, so I wouldn't know about the sad deterioration of a great man. (unless they make a movie about his life story) but, yeah, I do (or did) really like his music...

I agree with you, Ifat. I loved his music when I was a kid in the 80's. I remember being 3 or 4 years old, and my friend, who was a year or two older than me, had the thriller video-- but I was too scared to watch it! :) Also, in kindergarten or first grade, my class went to the local radio station (I grew up in a small town in Texas, and we had one radio station, "Shine All Nine"). The DJ asked if any of us had any requests.. He said, "we have anything you could possibly think of!" (expecting us to say something lame). So I said, "Do you have anything by Michael Jackson?" And he just gave me a look like, "where did you learn that dirty word?!" They didn't have anything. That was too edgy, I guess!

It's very sad what happened to him. I think some people laugh just to break the tension, because it's so disturbing-- which is understandable, and I laugh sometimes too, for that reason. But other people laugh because they hate him for being so successful, and it makes them happy to see someone who used to be great now totally broken. I wouldn't assume that of people on this message board, but I have seen it a lot in the general culture.

It wouldn't surprise me if he turns to islam, which is the enemy of America now. Look what "America" has done to him. What did he do to America? Provided music.

Yes, he is probably a little bit messed up. A child molester? Who knows? If you pay to the blackmail once, you'll get hundreds of calls of molestation on you. Nobody likes a child molester, especially if you are accused of being one and are not in jail. After all, children never lie.

Considering his charisma, he is not a good person to have as an enemy. How many will he influence to convert to islam if he really decides to convert.

I think it's just the negative credibility the fundies need. I can see it now, he sashays into a big rally wearing his burka, dances, and asks, "where's the party, boys?" whereupon the other crazy ones shaking AK-47s in the air and brandishing their dynamite vests stop in place, you hear that classic Ren&Stimpy record-scratching sound effect, crickets chirp while eyes blink, and then the fundy crowd slowly quietly drop their weapons and trundle off to the local church to be baptized.

"Michael Jackson is a muslim?" "Hmm... that Jesus isn't such a bad guy, really..."

Seriously, though, this is like a harbinger of the apocalypse here. Am I alone in this feeling?

I grew up with cartoon characters everywhere, but I never thought they'd be real people. Jacko, Kim Jung Mentally-Ill, Billary, Chavez, Ahmadine-jihad, and Saddam Insane, among other liberal squawking heads, seem more and more like overdone drama-queen comic book villains every day.

-bob

Michael Jackson hasn't been charismatic for at least a decade.

Yes, you are right. Him converting would probably be more of a bad thing for islam.

I may have spoken too soon as well...was he really guilty of child molestation? Or is it a case of parents sending their kids to his house in hopes something would happen to get some money, and then the child being told what memories he had of the experience.