Objectivism Online Forum

Chef Quits

Rate this topic

Qwertz

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/13/s...reut/index.html

After last season's "Stuck in the Closet," which directly lampooned Scientology and some of its celebrity adherents, I expected this. Matt Stone's comments are rather insightful:

In ten years and over 150 episodes of 'South Park,' Isaac never had a problem with the show making fun of Christians, Muslim, Mormons or Jews. He got a sudden case of religious sensitivity when it was his religion featured on the show.

Scientology being one of my "pet peeves," I thought I'd mention it.

-Q

Edited by Qwertz

Chef had been playing a diminished role in recent years anyway. I'm hoping there will soon be something funny in an episode about Chef's sudden disappearance/death. Of course, Chef couldn't go to heaven in the South Park universe, because Heaven's only for Mormons and Kenny.

• 3 months later...
Which episode was that, I gotta see it :P

I think he's referring to a very early episode (season 1 or 2, not sure) called "Chickenlover". It is the episode in which Officer Barbrady has to learn to read in order to catch a criminal who is going around raping chickens. The AS comment comes in at the end when he Barbrady makes reference to reading it and sums it up as a piece of crap if I recall correctly. When one considers WHO is criticizing the book, I don't think it's quite the stab it might appear to be. Barbrady is not a mental giant on the show.

All in all, I think that episode is about my favorite as Cartman is going around "Cops" style playing the law enforcement officer while Barbrady is on hiatus. RESPECT MY AUTHORITIE!! :thumbsup:

I think he's referring to a very early episode (season 1 or 2, not sure) called "Chickenlover". It is the episode in which Officer Barbrady has to learn to read in order to catch a criminal who is going around raping chickens. The AS comment comes in at the end when he Barbrady makes reference to reading it and sums it up as a piece of crap if I recall correctly. When one considers WHO is criticizing the book, I don't think it's quite the stab it might appear to be. Barbrady is not a mental giant on the show.

All in all, I think that episode is about my favorite as Cartman is going around "Cops" style playing the law enforcement officer while Barbrady is on hiatus. RESPECT MY AUTHORITIE!! :lol:

Yeah, I did consider that; but the way they singled it out just frustrated me. Not because I think its a stab at me and my values but most of the morals at the end of the episodes don't conflict with Objectivism too much. I'm not saying Matt and Trey are O'sts and they are slamming all their work in the past years by bashing AS, for being too long and dramatic. It's the fact that someone who actually devotes their life to an objective, such as creating a controversial tv show and exposing how ridiculous people can be sometimes, then bashes the pinnacle of Egoism in an esthetical form.

All in all I still love the show, my favorite episode is probably the Butters Episode. The end is great how it shows Gary Condit, The Ramseys, and OJ and yells "You know what you did! Quit lying!" :lol:

Trey Parker is a Libertarian (by which I mean a member of the Party), and Matt Stone might be. Now I'm not normally one to confuse politics with philosophy, but in this case it might provide an explanation.

-Q

Trey Parker is a Libertarian (by which I mean a member of the Party), and Matt Stone might be. Now I'm not normally one to confuse politics with philosophy, but in this case it might provide an explanation.

-Q

Then i'm suprised he hasn't taken more stabs at Objectivism. I wonder how far Galt's Gulch is from South Park? When you say that out loud that actually sounds like a good way of asking what is difference between Objectivists and Libertarians.