Objectivism Online Forum

Wanted: Any Peikoff Or Binswanger Lectures

Rate this topic

Free Thinker

Hi all. I am a, well, poor college student, and I don't have the money to pay for any of the lectures I want to get from the ARB. I was thinking maybe of trying to get it from someone on this forum. Perhaps we could start a lecture service, where we can send each other lectures that we have in our collection. I am personally looking for anything by Peikoff or Binswanger (to borrow from someone or to buy), but in particular:

Peikoff-

"The DIM Hypothesis"

"Unity in Epistemology and Ethics"

"Understanding Objectivism"

Binswanger-

"Consciousness as Identification"

"The Metaphysics of Consciousness"

But again, "beggers can't be choosers". Please let me know!!

(And yes, I know about getting lectures by starting a club...)

Edited by Free Thinker

• 2 months later...
Hi all. I am a, well, poor college student, and I don't have the money to pay for any of the lectures I want to get from the ARB. I was thinking maybe of trying to get it from someone on this forum. Perhaps we could start a lecture service, where we can send each other lectures that we have in our collection. I am personally looking for anything by Peikoff or Binswanger (to borrow from someone or to buy), but in particular:

Peikoff-

"The DIM Hypothesis"

"Unity in Epistemology and Ethics"

"Understanding Objectivism"

Binswanger-

"Consciousness as Identification"

"The Metaphysics of Consciousness"

But again, "beggers can't be choosers". Please let me know!!

What lectures do you have to trade?

I have both Peikoff's Phil of Education, 27 hours of vintage brilliance, and the Consciousness as Identification by Binswanger, as well as over a dozen other from Peikoff, Lisa Van Damme, Pat Corvini, David Harriman, and others.

-Brandon

Hi all. I am a, well, poor college student, and I don't have the money to pay for any of the lectures I want to get from the ARB.

You know, if you're willing to start an Objectivist campus club at your college, it's my understanding that you then get access to just about every available lecture series by Rand and Peikoff-- For free.

You should check it out, at the ARI website!

Okay-- Here's a list of the titles they offer for free to campus clubs. Several of the ones you mentioned are on there, and tons you didn't mention.

Edit:

Oh, I didn't see that.

Edited by Bold Standard

• 2 months later...