Objectivism Online Forum

My Band's CD Is Now Available

Rate this topic

Groovenstein

Many of you have been asking, and I am now pleased to tell you that my band's EP Lucid Interval is now available for sale here. You can buy the whole CD on CD, the whole CD by download, or download individual tracks. Clips of each song are available here.

My roles were playing the bass and keyboards and doing some of the production (background instrument parts, arrangement, etc.). I also wrote most of the background vocal parts. I wish I could take credit for the writing, but that honor is virtually all my guitar player's.

I'd say this stuff is excellent for a local band, but this stuff is just excellent, period. If you don't like rock music, some people don't so no hard feelings. If you do like the energy and power of rock music, you will definitely get your money's worth.

• 1 month later...

Um, Vern, there are really only 5 MP3s. The "sixth" is a version we had to edit for radio (and decided to sell for those folks who wanted the version without the one curse). Let me know if you want to delete one of the versions and have us get you back the money for that one.

But anyway, thanks guys! :huh: It will be my pleasure to keep you updated.

Um, Vern, there are really only 5 MP3s. The "sixth" is a version we had to edit for radio (and decided to sell for those folks who wanted the version without the one curse). Let me know if you want to delete one of the versions and have us get you back the money for that one.

Naw, don't worry about it. I saw that when I got it. Didn't know exactly what was different about the radio edit at first, but I'll go that extra .98 cents to help support your sound. :)

One thing I thought was odd though was the track numbering. It was 2,3,4,5,6,8. Is there a 1 and a 7 that you guys are smoothing out?

There's something about the music, maybe the female lead, that reminds me of Evanesence (which to me is a good thing). Clearly your band is more Rock and less Goth though. At any rate, kudos again!

Is there a 1 and a 7 that you guys are smoothing out?

1 and 7 are very short instrumental tracks that really only make sense in the context of the whole album. They're largely the same, but there is a little thing at the end of track 1 that is timed to lead into track 2 in tempo. It's a great effect that you can't get with the download (as much as I've tried!).

Bass

Ahh, okay. My son wants to learn bass, but he's too focused on school right now... he's too responsible. :)

Are you asking to see if I was the one ripping that blazing lead on Scissorgirl?

Actually I like the little riff in Ghost of You. I was mostly just curious to know your part. Hey, a good band needs a good bass and you sound just fine.

Thanks for including the link with the clips and lyrics.

I liked all the clips, but really loved Walk the World in Chains, the lyrics are awesome.

Okay, I may be dating myself here, but the singer sounds like a cross between Pat Benatar and Amy Lee (that's a compliment...I am an old lady compared to many here, but a great fan of Pat and Evanescence) But not trying to put your music in a pigeon hole or anything. That is just the first two singers/band I thought of whilst listening to the clips.

Congrats!

1 and 7 are very short instrumental tracks that really only make sense in the context of the whole album.

You realize this makes me want to get the CD now don't you? :)

Do I need to pay again to get a CD copy?

I liked all the clips, but really loved Walk the World in Chains, the lyrics are awesome.

Luke says thank you. :) It's so tough to pick among "kids," but those lyrics are my favorite. I don't know what he had in mind when he wrote it, but it makes a lot of sense to me as being sung by someone calling out his oppressor and about to take action.

Okay, I may be dating myself here, but the singer sounds like a cross between Pat Benatar and Amy Lee . . . .
[bad joke] You're dating yourself? Find someone to date you! [/bad joke]

Pat Benatar and Amy Lee are both ones we hear a lot, and I think they make a lot of sense. Pat Benatar makes more sense to me than Amy Lee, though. I think Morgan has much thicker voice than Amy Lee. Don't get me wrong, I like Amy Lee. But there's already an Amy Lee and other operatic style singers. There just aren't many girl singers out there with a voice style like Morgan's.

You realize this makes me want to get the CD now don't you? :)

Yes. :)

Do I need to pay again to get a CD copy?

It's not entirely up to me. I'll have to talk to Luke and see what he says. Even if it's okay, the CD will be a little more money on account of the S&H. I'll PM you after I talk to him.

It's not entirely up to me. I'll have to talk to Luke and see what he says. Even if it's okay, the CD will be a little more money on account of the S&H. I'll PM you after I talk to him.

That's understandable. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's something cool. I just found out that the Lithuanian girl who took the picture for our CD cover had another of her pictures used as the cover for the Lacuna Coil "Enjoy the Silence" single. If you're interested you should be able to see it here. (Scroll down a little bit. It's the girl with the umbrella on Volumes I and II of the single.) I'm not familiar with the band's work, but I know they're pretty big, so that's kind of a neat thing. Our first taste of the big time, I guess you could say. ;)

Edit: You folks who bought the CD, thanks! We hope you're enjoying them. Don't be shy about posting your praises here!

Edited by Groovenstein

Sadly we didn't hear it played. Our first radio play (that we know of) and we didn't hear it. Poo. :lol:

I hope they mentioned the site. The link I put up was to an Omaha message board where they post their playlist every week. That's how we found out we were on there.

It is good news, and thanks for the congrats. Now we go to the River Music Summit on Saturday and see if we win this contest of theirs. There are about 20 entries left out of a couple few hundred. If we win, they put us in regular rotation. [holds breath]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

An industry friend of ours is pitching the songs from Lucid Interval to NBC for part of their fall lineup. If they decide to use our stuff, a few things will happen. Among them: me jumping up and down for a very long time; me kissing whoever happens to be next to me when I get the news; me telling you all about it so you can TiVo it and watch it over and over like I will. :)

Also, a music supervisor in L.A. will soon be pitching our stuff to other TV and movies. If someone decides to use our stuff, see above.

The sales keep coming in.

Things are good, people. Listen to the rock. Love it. Buy it. :thumbsup:

If you already bought it, thanks again. You need only listen, love, and tell your friends to buy it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Matt's band (Poor Man's Opera) released another CD some time back called Radio Moda. I just received it, gave it a listen, and I enjoyed the music. If you like some driven rock with female vocals and awesome bass, go sample some of their music at www.poormansopera.com. For my money, I think Scissorgirl is still my fav...

Thanks Matt and company!!

(hehe, I had to go back a ways to find this posting)