Objectivism Online Forum

Greetings

Rate this topic

Hello everyone! I'm glad I have found this forum! My name is Jessica, I'm 18, I live in Ohio, I go to Wright State University and I major in Biology. I work at a hospital, making dinner trays :) (which I hate, but it pays good!) I am new to objectivism, I found out about when I read "The Fountainhead" and started researching. All I can say I'm glad there are other people who like Objectivism, most people I know hate it, and I felt lonely!

That would be me, and I've attended classes at WSU. There's a few guys here that are in the Dayton area, although they aren't really active posters. Nice to meet you!

Which hospital do you work at? I work at Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services; I'm a tissue processing technician and boy are we ever hiring. If you're going into biology you might find the place interesting.

I work at UVMC, which is in Troy. I want a job closer to WSU, because college is 30 minutes away, and the hospital is 20-25 minutes away, it's alot of driving and it's where 1/4 of my pay check goes.

I'm looking into becoming a clinical labrotary science(medical technician) (they offer a one year program at WSU for this). Do any people of this type work at the Community blood center?

I'm looking into becoming a clinical labrotary science(medical technician) (they offer a one year program at WSU for this). Do any people of this type work at the Community blood center?

Oh heck yes, we do all our own bacteriological and disease testing in-house, so we have an entire microbiology department dedicated to that purpose. Go to http://www.cbccts.org for the blood side or http://www.communitytissue.org for the tissue side. Micro (the department) is kind of in-between the sides because it covers testing for everything.

I went to WSU too. In fact, I ran, for one year, the Objectivist Club there. Unfortunately, it died after I left, since I could only ever drum up two other members, and we all left at the same time. Welcome to the forum!

-Q