Objectivism Online Forum

Searching members

Rate this topic

The ARI database is not searchable. I considered setting up my own searchable database, but I don’t see a major benefit to having a geographical database that competes with ARI. I do see the potential of a database designed to match interests, like the AtlasSphere.com directory, only for actual Objectivists. I don’t want to create yet another membership system, so I’d like something that extends the forums or the main site’s existing user database.

GreedyCapitalist writes:

I do see the potential of a database designed to match interests, like the AtlasSphere.com directory, only for actual Objectivists.

Or do you mean "limited to actual Objectivists"? Because there are many real Objectivists listed on The Atlasphere. I proudly count myself among them. True, there are many non-Objectivists and a few enemies of Objectivism, but The Atlasphere is an explicitly non-partison enterprise designed to bring together people with an interest in Ayn Rand. Whether or not they agree with or even care about her philosophy is not directly relevant in such a context. Being listed on The Atlasphere, in other words, implies nothing more than that you are interested in Ayn Rand, and therefore I consider it a valid enterprise.

Don Watkins III