Objectivism Online Forum

Who Changed The Subtitle Of My Thread?

Rate this topic

Here's the link.

I am certain that I didn't write that myself because I didn't know that word up until now.

Is that rational behavior? Honestly, I would have expected more from you guys. :)

Edited by Felix

What was your original subtitle?

monĀ·grel

n.

1. An animal or a plant resulting from various interbreedings, especially a dog of mixed or undetermined breed.
  2. A cross between different breeds, groups, or varieties, especially a mixture that is or appears to be incongruous.

adj.

Of mixed origin or character.

What was your original subtitle?

Well, the same, just without the mongrel add-on.

I didn't do it, but man is that subtitle funny (and accurate)!

Do you find that behavior appropriate? Mockingly changing other people's thread subtitles?

Felix,

I'm not sure who could have changed it, because it does not get marked "Edited By" for title changes done in a certain way. The thread is old, did you only notice the change today? Anyhow, I've removed the "add-on".

Yes, it's inappropriate for someone to have put words in your mouth. Though, if I didn't know it had been changed, I'd have assumed you were giving a well-concretized example of the question: "if life is the supreme value, then is it okay to live like any stray animal?"

I'm not sure who could have changed it, because it does not get marked "Edited By" for title changes done in a certain way. The thread is old, did you only notice the change today? Anyhow, I've removed the "add-on".

It is possible for a moderator to change the title, and only the title of a thread without showing the "Edited By" field. This seems to be a bug in the software.

In any case, it looks like Felipe made the change on Dec 18 2005. I guess the only thing you might want at this point is an apology, in which case you should bring this thread to his attention.

Btw, I have modified the forum rules to reflect our policy of allowing moderators to edit thread titles to clarify the topic.

In any case, it looks like Felipe made the change on Dec 18 2005. I guess the only thing you might want at this point is an apology, in which case you should bring this thread to his attention.

Felipe said he didn't do it.

Btw, I have modified the forum rules to reflect our policy of allowing moderators to edit thread titles to clarify the topic.

It didn't clarify the topic. In fact it made it less clear and mocked the topic itself right from the beginning.

Felipe said he didn't do it.

Well, the forum's log says that someone logged in as him did. Since youā€™ve decided to bring this up publicly, Iā€™m going to let him decide how to respond.

Huh, I just checked the moderator logs, and indeed the only changes made to that topic title prior to yesterday were by me. I'm sorry about that Felix; you know I have no bone to pick with you. We were doing some house-cleaning back then and clearing up titles to make them less obscure or less general; it looks like I took too much liberty in this case. It's weird because I've never used that word in regular speech--hence why I readily admited it wasn't me (in fact I had to look the word up to see exactly what it meant). My apologies, mate.

Apologies accepted. No bad feelings. Everything's fine. Just try to make sure that in the future when changes are made to threads, write a small note in the thread that you changed something. This helps to avoid unneccessary trouble :)